LPW #10: Last Post Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jings

Yeah I'm struggling to find work - no matter what jobs I've applied for, they pass the job to other people who aren't deaf or disabled.
Isn't there a related government institute you can approach for assistance?

BloodrayneZA

You'd think they're there to help.
I know, right?

Look, I'm surprised that the British government doesn't follow the same stance as Nicola Sturgeon who has officially recognised British Sign Language as one of their official languages and even tried to sign on TV. I was like wow that's great that one of the scottish politicians have tried to be a part of our deaf culture. Boris is a useless piece of shit, if you ask me. There are really no provisions or safeguards for the deaf. There was a deaf british woman who applied for over 3000 jobs and still not able to get work (she's tried every single job description, she would take anything on) and get rejected every time.

So I agree with @biometrics comment - the world is a cruel selfish place.

biometrics

I know, right?

Look, I'm surprised that the British government doesn't follow the same stance as Nicola Sturgeon who has officially recognised British Sign Language as one of their official languages and even tried to sign on TV. I was like wow that's great that one of the scottish politicians have tried to be a part of our deaf culture. Boris is a useless piece of shit, if you ask me. There are really no provisions or safeguards for the deaf. There was a deaf british woman who applied for over 3000 jobs and still not able to get work (she's tried every single job description, she would take anything on) and get rejected every time.

Not that it will help you now, but you're likely better off in SA.

Jings

I know, right?

Outlook is probably worse due to covid. Even my sil is without a decent job since February. She's resorted to cleaning people's homes to bring in some income. She doesn't mind as the family stays in a lovely upmarket neighborhood and want to keep it that way.

BloodrayneZA

She grew up on a farm, or something like that.
He's right.

Most of my life was spend living on farms so I basically have a farming background. I'm actually 3rd generation farming (grandparents, my father, my mother and now me). Now that's given me an idea but I doubt it'll even help with a small back yard. I've just planted garlic to grow over winter and that takes months before I can harvest it plus potatoes and onions as well to try save on money - these too will take a few months before I can harvest them as well. I think in here Leeks are well sourced after and they're very expensive in the shops, easy to grow though (again also takes a few months before they're ready to harvest). Spring onions are quite popular - I used to grow rows and rows of them.

Well lets see what happens. I also happen to love baking too - there's a market in town that happens every Monday for the whole day and maybe I should consider that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.