Late Nite Check In

Tribs

It is so hot that I finished my shower with cold water - am sitting here with wet hair in front of a fan and wearing shorts and Tshirt with no shoes. And I am still hot

BloodrayneZA

It is so hot that I finished my shower with cold water - am sitting here with wet hair in front of a fan and wearing shorts and Tshirt with no shoes. And I am still hot
Actually an ex told me showering in cold water makes it worse. He’s right. Just shower as normal as your body has it’s way off cooling itself off or warming up when needed. When you shock your body with cold water, the brain thinks you’re freezing and will continue to bring the temperature up.

Unless you’re going through menopause.

Tribs

Actually an ex told me showering in cold water makes it worse. He’s right. Just shower as normal as your body has it’s way off cooling itself off or warming up when needed. When you shock your body with cold water, the brain thinks you’re freezing and will continue to bring the temperature up.

Unless you’re going through menopause.
Not sure about that yet - but cold water doesn't mean freezing. Remember cold here is like 15 degrees

BloodrayneZA

Not sure about that yet - but cold water doesn't mean freezing. Remember cold here is like 15 degrees
Yes I know what you mean but the brain is a weird thing, it acts like you're going to freeze so it brings up the body temperature even more, making you feel more hot.

Tribs

Yes I know what you mean but the brain is a weird thing, it acts like you're going to freeze so it brings up the body temperature even more, making you feel more hot.
It is 35 deg C - I don't think it is my mind playing tricks with me :D

satanboy

As a kid I never got cold. I would run around in the rain only wearing a t-shirt and shorts. Guess I never outgrew that.

I don't own a single jersey.

Tribs

As a kid I never got cold. I would run around in the rain only wearing a t-shirt and shorts. Guess I never outgrew that.

I don't own a single jersey.
I never got cold. Then we went on Veldskool in Std8. (Grade 10). We had to sleep on the top of a mountain - in army tents - in the pouring rain. Got double pneumonia from sleeping in the water as the ground had dips in it. Since then I get cold