Late Nite Check In

Tribs

Well I am still here. Strange night indeedy.

Walked into the kitchen and saw the water on the floor. Looked at the dogs - they were sleeping. Looked at their bowl - it was full of water. Looked at the puddle again and noticed it was huge. Too big to be dogs pee. Walked through the water to the fridge - the thing has been leaking lately. Water goes all the way to the sink. Notice that water is dripping into the cupboard under the sink. Work out that a water pipe is leaking in the wall - behind the new tiles we put up last year.

Start cleaning up - decide to go and swap my long pants for shorts. Walk past the bathroom and see the floor is flooded. The toilet is on the same wall as the sink. Seems the water is coming through the plaster and brickwork. Go and turn the house's water off. Clean up. No water in the taps now. So I will have to book plumbers for Monday as getting them out tomorrow is an extra expense. Dry the bathroom floor so the Chinchillas can go and play - they are not allowed to get wet.

Made supper
Gamed
Gamed some more
Then had to go outside to get water in buckets so that we can flush toilets.

I think it is time for bed now.

Y2K

Well I am still here. Strange night indeedy.

Walked into the kitchen and saw the water on the floor. Looked at the dogs - they were sleeping. Looked at their bowl - it was full of water. Looked at the puddle again and noticed it was huge. Too big to be dogs pee. Walked through the water to the fridge - the thing has been leaking lately. Water goes all the way to the sink. Notice that water is dripping into the cupboard under the sink. Work out that a water pipe is leaking in the wall - behind the new tiles we put up last year.

Start cleaning up - decide to go and swap my long pants for shorts. Walk past the bathroom and see the floor is flooded. The toilet is on the same wall as the sink. Seems the water is coming through the plaster and brickwork. Go and turn the house's water off. Clean up. No water in the taps now. So I will have to book plumbers for Monday as getting them out tomorrow is an extra expense. Dry the bathroom floor so the Chinchillas can go and play - they are not allowed to get wet.

Made supper
Gamed
Gamed some more
Then had to go outside to get water in buckets so that we can flush toilets.

I think it is time for bed now.
Holy shit that sucks, be safe tomorrow and wear a mask please.

Tribs

Holy shit that sucks, be safe tomorrow and wear a mask please.
The night was not done with me yet. Went to bed (using a bucket of water to flush the loo). Luckily the tap outside the back door is not affected by our water shutdown. At 3:30 the beam outside my bedroom was triggered. I got up - sent the dogs out and checked the cameras. Nothing obvious had set it off. Reset the alarm and went back to bed. At 4am the alarm went off again. Checked the cameras and nothing again. Bypassed that beam and went to bed around 4:30. Dogs woke me at 7 to be let out. Finally got up at 8:50 when hubby's phone rang. Business is 24/7 so I cannot be mad. But I am tired.

Upside is that youngest had made me a yummy breakfast and coffee. So all is good again.

Textile Guy

Morning .... 3am your end, woke up to use loo.

9pm my end, use the loo to go to sleep....

Hope you get some shut eye bud :)

sand_man

Morning .... 3am your end, woke up to use loo.

9pm my end, use the loo to go to sleep....

Hope you get some shut eye bud :)
Eish, yeah, went to sleep around 5.30am till 9am... woke feeling strong.... let's see how the mind works tonight...? I guess a lot will depend on squirells 8.30pm speech...

You in the US of A? @Textile Guy What I'd give to be riding this shit storm out in a 1st world country??