Home Brewing

R

[)roi(]

Anyone else doing a brew session tomorrow; I'm filling 2 fermenters; for 4 more crates of those delicious Pilsners.

Today was spent with a lot of bottle cleaning; and being an extended weekend, my staff are away, so farm activities fall to me.
-- in short I deserved my beers today.

Snyper564

Anyone else doing a brew session tomorrow; I'm filling 2 fermenters; for 4 more crates of those delicious Pilsners.

Today was spent with a lot of bottle cleaning; and being an extended weekend, my staff are away, so farm activities fall to me.
-- in short I deserved my beers today.
I'm doing my boddingtons pub ale clone... Or planning on doing it. On leave at the moment but planning a brew day when I get back home tomorrow.

Also as a boddingtons is 3.9 percent I can do a full 5 gallon batch in my 25l pot whoop whoop! Should get about 36 440ml bottles when done!

Last edited:

GreGorGy

Same as another health shop has. Hasn't been cleaned and ground.

I ordered this from Amazon last night, yes it's expensive with shipping but I don't care. This is from a brewing supplier. Got two. Should be good for 14 x 20L brews. By then we should have local supply again. Was R616 for two incl shipping and taxes.

Damn - R61 for 25g at brewcraft - and they had stock yesterday. They're just not taking online orders.

GreGorGy

I'm doing my boddingtons pub ale clone... Or planning on doing it. On leave at the moment but planning a brew day when I get back home tomorrow.

Also as a boddingtons is 3.9 percent I can do a full 5 gallon batch in my 25l pot whoop whoop! Should get about 36 440ml bottles when done!

I did 20L today, slightly modified. The SG sample taste is delicious.

And I used the kveik. I hope to have it keg ready by Thursday.

biometrics

Try fridge atleast you want stuff like hops and yeast to stay cold otherwise they degrade
Bar fridge?

Currently has beers/cider/mixers/salami-sticks but can be repurposed.

What about power failures, it has some dripping then?

bigAl-sa

Why is everyone so enamoured with Irish Moss? In fifteen years I've never used it and seldom have a cloudy beer.

Most of the modern yeasts clump and precipitate out really well during conditioning.

Papa Smurf

both fermenters have been going for 3 days now while i have been away for the long weekend and i see no bubbling at all. Lounge temp is sitting at 16 degrees so i have lifted the blankets and wrapped electric blanket around fermenters and blankets back on again, set the controller to 21 degrees, lets see if this does something.

EDIT: It just occured to me that each fermenter only has 15 or 16 litres wort, and these fermenters are almost 30l each, so there is 15 litres of air in there that needs to get enough pressure build up before the air locks will do their, thing. So maybe, it is fermenting isside and I am just not seeing it :unsure:

Last edited: