History

satanboy

1685769934778.png
SLANIC SALT MINE - Romania 🇹🇩

Slanic mine is an old salt mine, located in Slanic, Prahova County, Romania, just 100 km north of Bucharest, situated between the valley of Prahova and that of Teleajen, at about 44 km of Ploiesti, at 400 meters of altitude.

The salt mine is closed for extraction purposes, but is open for visitors, featuring a microclimate with natural air-conditioning and constant temperature and atmospheric pressure throughout the year. It is made up of two levels, named Unirea and Mihai.

The mine is composed of 14 chambers with trapezoidal profiles, having a 10 m opening to the ceiling and 32 m to the ground, a height of 54 m, and a wall inclination angle of 60 degrees. The shore difference between the surface and the mining base is 208 m. It was transformed into a sanatorium for the treatment of pulmonary diseases in a saline air microclimate. Many of the visitors come for its supposed healing effects due to the purity of the air.

The Unirea mine chamber - notice the trapezoidal profile of the chamber and the wooden balcony at the top.

According to the documents, for more than 300 years represented an important salt extraction center.

satanboy

1686038408364.png
The Alfred Basin, photographed in 1900, is seen here bursting at the seams with the sailing ships that plied their trade to and from the Cape. Through the rigging, a number of other ships can be seen at anchor in Table Bay

Baxteen

Yesterday was the anniversary of D-Day
78 years. crazy to think that happened. never mind only a generation ago.
Here is U.S.S Texas

1686119141221.png