FPOTD

scudsucker

Monday.

I may resign today. Don't have a backup job but do have enough money to last a few months. My boss is a bully and a micromanager. And he lied - just once that I know about - but one lie is enough for me to lose trust.

Rudolph Hart

I plod into work every day, dislike what I’m doing, don’t like the company ethos and politics, but put up with it because I need the salary. It’s not a great position to be in, but at least I’m warm, dry and well fed. Possibly too well fed if we’re going to nit-pick.

Every time the company annoys me to the point where I consider leaving, I ask myself a question - if I were unemployed and I was offered my salary to do the work I have to do, would I accept it? The answer has always been yes so far.

Düber

Monday.

I may resign today. Don't have a backup job but do have enough money to last a few months. My boss is a bully and a micromanager. And he lied - just once that I know about - but one lie is enough for me to lose trust.
My wife got retrenched last year October and it's really not easy out there even with her qualifications.

My advice would be to grit your teeth and put up with it until one of your other prospects come through.
Sitting at home is only fun for a week or so.

scudsucker

Wednesday.

I resigned at 06:45. Had exit interview at 14:30. Told my ex boss he was a terrible manager. I felt a bit bad, he was close to tears.

But he is a terrible manager. And I prefer to be honest.

Anyway... now to find a new job before I run out of money.

Tribs

Being honest as to why you are leaving is always difficult but necessary. Good luck