Forum Suggestions

Baxteen

and that is the best way to keep it.
like I wont object to a small banner ad but those wont be enough to pay bills so what is the point?

DA-LION-619

Objections to adding a Google banner ad?

Reason is to become visible on Google search (we are currently ghosted), not for income, we need some user growth.
Have you tried Google’s Webmaster Tools?

robots.txt can control paths. also you might want to regenerate the sitemap.xml as the older media attachments might be causing the slow down.

biometrics

Have you tried Google’s Webmaster Tools?

robots.txt can control paths. also you might want to regenerate the sitemap.xml as the older media attachments might be causing the slow down.
Never got further. Should probably look at this again. Haven’t done any SEO in a decade. What is the minimum effort, GWT?

DA-LION-619

Never got further. Should probably look at this again. Haven’t done any SEO in a decade. What is the minimum effort, GWT?
You’ll need to prove domain ownership though DNS, then it shows how people got to the site like what was the search query etc.
It will also validates meta tags, mobile compatibility etc for crawlers and how to optimise for crawlers like splitting up your sitemap.xml

biometrics

You’ll need to prove domain ownership though DNS, then it shows how people got to the site like what was the search query etc.
It will also validates meta tags, mobile compatibility etc for crawlers and how to optimise for crawlers like splitting up your sitemap.xml
What's the point? How do we get more traffic?

DA-LION-619

What's the point? How do we get more traffic?
If you’re not showing up in searches, it tells you what to change for crawlers to index better.
If you do show up in searches, then you know what queries people used then you know how to optimise so you’re on a better page result.
If you’re using 1 big sitemap as an example that might be slow to download or crawl so you could split the sitemap up by tag or author etc.(link to thread vs link to each page of thread)
If you’re mobile compatible, then could you show up better on searches from a phone.

It’s not analytics, so you won’t get user journeys etc but you also don’t need to add additional JS to the site.
You just need to prove you own the domain and Google will give you search stats for your domain and recommendations that would apply to Bing etc.

Not a SEO expert either or actively monitor traffic, bought a domain through Google so it was like a 1 click to turn on, their stat emails might be bias but you can experiment with the least effort.

Last edited:

biometrics

If you’re not showing up in searches, it tells you what to change for crawlers to index better.
If you do show up in searches, then you know what queries people used then you know how to optimise so you’re on a better page result.
If you’re using 1 big sitemap as an example that might be slow to download or crawl so you could split the sitemap up by tag or author etc.(link to thread vs link to each page of thread)
If you’re mobile compatible, then could you show up better on searches from a phone.

It’s not analytics, so you won’t get user journeys etc but you also don’t need to add additional JS to the site.
You just need to prove you own the domain and Google will give you search stats for your domain and recommendations that would apply to Bing etc.
Ok, let me at least add it via DNS verification.

Sonikku

I for one would be very interested to see how SEO is done, should it be done for this site. I would learn from that.
Reason: I have not been able to succeed at it with my own site. Eventually gave up.
Also, in terms of running costs, happy to contribute something

biometrics

So it's called Google Search Console now, not Google Webmaster Tools anymore. Have done the DNS verification and uploaded the sitemap. Let's see if Google starts liking us...

Edit: Done Bing as well.

Sonikku

Yes. That's correct. Google Search Console. Very very slow thing that too.
3 months to fix things... wow
1697624026071.png