Eskom Power Alerts

Tribs

It depends on the level. Most days it is only 2 hours
But sometimes we get it twice depending on the level

Lupus

It depends on the level. Most days it is only 2 hours
But sometimes we get it twice depending on the level
So if you're on stage 2 you get hit twice? Odd in Johannesburg it's 4.5 hours for all stages, though sometimes we will get hit within 12 hours at stage 4.

satanboy

As long as it stays on Level 2, we are then on level 1.
So there should be none today.

Saturday - no matter the stage we will be hit. 😢

Lupus

As long as it stays on Level 2, we are then on level 1.
So there should be none today.

Saturday - no matter the stage we will be hit. 😢
Same :-( from 8 to 10pm :-(. Though it's only hopefully going to be two hours.

sand_man

Nothing impacts the psyche of the average Saffer more negatively than load shedding... fuck me, we've been enduring this shit since 2007!! 13 years!!! On and off (no pun intended)....

Lupus

Nothing impacts the psyche of the average Saffer more negatively than load shedding... fuck me, we've been enduring this shit since 2007!! 13 years!!! On and off (no pun intended)....
Yeah, it really does suck. Actually 2007/2008 happened, than there was nothing till 2014/2015, than there was nothing from 2015 till 2018 again. 2019 and 2020 have really been the worst.

sand_man

Yeah, it really does suck. Actually 2007/2008 happened, than there was nothing till 2014/2015, than there was nothing from 2015 till 2018 again. 2019 and 2020 have really been the worst.
Maybe that's part of the physiological warfare/impact. We think we over it and then, boom!! It's back....

I been toying with the idea of getting a generator for my shop but it's a R350k investment. Was considering it back in 2007 but scrapped the idea on account of the cost and the subsequent stabilization of the grid, but have to reconsider every so often! If we had bit the bullet back in 2007 we would be absolutely smiling now!!

Lupus

Maybe that's part of the physiological warfare/impact. We think we over it and then, boom!! It's back....

I been toying with the idea of getting a generator for my shop but it's a R350k investment. Was considering it back in 2007 but scrapped the idea on account of the cost and the subsequent stabilization of the grid, but have to reconsider every so often! If we had bit the bullet back in 2007 we would be absolutely smiling now!!
My stepdad bit the bullet for his house to have a generator as he ran his business from home. He wasn't really happy when he left in 2015 back to the UK as he had literally only used the generator for a few outages here and there.
But now he'd have been smiling to the bank. I know the Burger King down by us doesn't have a generator, but the other shops do and they are smiling when there is load shedding while the BK has to close it's doors. For a business a generator is probably a good idea. I went with an inverter 5 years ago and it gave good service until last year, so I had the beginning of the year without a backup, so got a small 950w gennie as it was on special and nothing again for a bit. So I replaced the batteries on my inverter literally 2 days before load shedding kicked in July again.
I've also bought a 2.5kw generator for longer outages, as my inverter can't go for the 17 hours we've had once or twice.