Eskom Power Alerts

Lupus

As someone that's up late, that 8-10pm slot is the worst.
With my inverter I don't really mind the 8 to 10pm slot, for some reason I don't like the 4pm to 8.30pm slot. Hopefully it's over at 8.30 and we don't have any issues.

biometrics

Guess it's an early night then
I do have a small inverter setup (only 200W with 105 Ah) so I can run a light, laptop, desktop display, small speaker and LTE modem. Have a solar light outside and a few battery lights inside. It makes it bearable but it's a hassle switching stuff over/on/off. And no use of microwave or stove. And the need to minimize opening the fridge. :( Got a small gas cylinder and top to make coffee.

Seldom Bucket

Aaand as predicted the eskom thugs now want more money, they can't even keep the lights on for 5 minutes.

The audacity of going to stage 4 and then use it to blackmail the people of RSA for more money is just beyond me

Lupus

With my inverter I don't really mind the 8 to 10pm slot, for some reason I don't like the 4pm to 8.30pm slot. Hopefully it's over at 8.30 and we don't have any issues.
So the 8.30 one did come back at 8.15, the next day we had 8am to 12:30, it came back at 12:39. Hopefully tonights 8:30 one comes back on time as well.

satanboy

Off at 10am again....after being off from 6:30pm last night.

and then to awaken to ice cold water this morning.

satanboy

Geyser tripped?
We don't have geysers.
We have two water heaters on the roof of the building. No idea what happened. It's like a scene from a Marx brothers movie here and I am a trustee. I told the Chairman to reign in his comments and now I guess he isn't talking to me.

Lupus

We don't have geysers.
We have two water heaters on the roof of the building. No idea what happened. It's like a scene from a Marx brothers movie here and I am a trustee. I told the Chairman to reign in his comments and now I guess he isn't talking to me.
Freaking great, probably find they did trip or the elements blew.