Eskom Power Alerts

Düber

That CEO job is a poisoned chalice.
Goodness knows who we will get to replace him (and the other members of the board if they follow.)

Sinbad

That CEO job is a poisoned chalice.
Goodness knows who we will get to replace him (and the other members of the board if they follow.)
Just another political deployee to allow the looting to get back into high gear

biometrics

Feel sorry for the Joburg people with 4h sheds. Not used to it down here, having a 6-10pm on a Friday now. Sucks.

Sinbad

Feel sorry for the Joburg people with 4h sheds. Not used to it down here, having a 6-10pm on a Friday now. Sucks.
Joburg did switch to 2 hour slots a couple of years ago - but once you go higher than stage 4, sometimes the two hour slots are consecutive. 6-10 is a terrible slot. I do kinda feel for you guys a bit.

biometrics

Joburg did switch to 2 hour slots a couple of years ago - but once you go higher than stage 4, sometimes the two hour slots are consecutive. 6-10 is a terrible slot. I do kinda feel for you guys a bit.
I'm shedded while having R180k worth of panels, batteries and an inverter on my property, not installed until early Jan, but the end is in sight...

Düber

We are Eskom direct and also moved to two hour slots a few years back, but as @Sinbad said higher stages run consecutively.

Tonight we have 8-10,10-12 and then 2-4.
The longer slots actually work better for me in my particular arrangement as I have to start my generator manually but it shuts down on it's own.