Donate towards running costs

Johnatan56

@biometrics wondering if you want to embed a spreadsheet on the home page with the pricing.

Can then do something like `=GOOGLEFINANCE("USDZAR")` you'll get Google's current currency and sheet will just auto update.
You could probably also do it via: https://www.fnb.co.za/Controller?nav=rates.forex.list.ForexRatesList to get the FNB rate directly.

I'll donate once I get my bonus from my old company, they haven't paid it out even though it's been two months since they should have paid it, just having to sort out paying for kitting out new apartment.

biometrics

@biometrics do you have a USD/EU based one that is not paypal? EU preferred due to fees if you want EFT (SEPA), do you have e.g. Revolut?

I think I asked before if you considered buymeacoffee due to 5% fee:
So should be lower than paypal.
No, only Paypal and FNB or ABSA locally. I just take the Paypal commission hit (credit cards).

Mmmm, wonder if third parties can pay my server account at Digital Ocean?

Johnatan56

No, only Paypal and FNB or ABSA locally. I just take the Paypal commission hit (credit cards).

Mmmm, wonder if third parties can pay my server account at Digital Ocean?
No stripe support in South Africa, rules out a lot of the recurring/once-off platforms like buymeacoffee. Payoneer's costs are a bit absurd for smaller accounts, since they make that fall into dormant levels, which is stupid.

EDIT: Done
Something like Revolut if you can would be interesting, as can keep it in dollars or euro instead of rand, since rand seems to constant like having a bit of a rollercoaster.

Last edited:

biometrics

Now Paypal wants to charge VAT. Not that I receive many donations but the Paypal fee was already exorbitant, so I should try finding another way.

biometrics

Haven’t had any donations in 3.5 months, so if you feel like it, a donation will be appreciated.

Seems the Paypal VAT charge is only on their fees so it’s ok-ish.