Cricket

Baxteen

I agree the bowling was not the best.
but I would also say that I feel teh two worst overs the KG and Baartman overs were calculated risks where Markram was working wiht a plan to attempt to get a wicket but both bowlers simply could not excecute the very fine margins needed to land the Yorkers and full tosses in the exact position to entice the batsmen inot playing the shot that would result in a catch and thus a wicket. it failed, but we were far enough ahead that the team knew they could defend what was left from that point on

Baxteen

so Semi Final is:
South Africa vs Afghanistan
India vs England

Our game has a reserve day
India game does not have a reserve day.
if the semi finals are declared a wash out then the top seated teams (us and India) go to the final.
a minimum of 10 overs per side is needed for it to be a game.
if the final is a wash out then both teams are declared joint winners

Baxteen

honestly the pitch was a disaster and should not have hosted a game. the bounce was very unpredictable. the first 2 balls of the game hit the same spot. the first one kept low, and the second jumped up.
take nothing away from the Protea bowling side, they played the conditions exceptionally well, but it was conditions that favored us a lot more.

AFG could not execute the more full more straight line with their pace bowlers as well as we did, and that made it look much easier for us. but it was by no means an easy win.

And AFG can hold their heads high. they had a fantastic world cup, but they were beaten by the better team on the day. there was no choking