Coronavirus COVID-19 News specific to South Africa

bigAl-sa

Fortunately, I have 3 cases of Tafel quarts, 30L of ready to drink homebrew, 2 bottles of whisky, so I am ready (plus I have ingredients for another 60L of homebrew).

biometrics

Fortunately, I have 3 cases of Tafel quarts, 30L of ready to drink homebrew, 2 bottles of whisky, so I am ready (plus I have ingredients for another 60L of homebrew).
As long as I get my next two orders this week I’ll be more than ok. Bring it on Cyril.

Tribs

Nope I have not been stocking up. I have realised that I can live without it if I must. And it is probably better for me anyway.

biometrics

unless Cyril brings it on with immediate effect tonight that is ... you know to "prevent panic buying" or some bs
Let’s see, current stock level:

10 x whiskey
2 x rum
2 x gin
70 x red wine
60 x guinness
50 x home brew beer
5L home brew cider
4 Coopers brew cans = 90L home brew beer
24L fruit juice + yeast = 26L home brew cider

Think I’ll be ok. ;)

Awaiting some more beer x 32, brandy x 2, gin x 1, rum x 1 and red wine x 24, but not critical. Would be the insurance stock.

Last edited:

biometrics

President Cyril Ramaphosa will address the nation on Sunday at 20:00 on developments in South Africa’s risk-adjusted strategy to manage the spread of Covid-19.

The president’s address follows a number of meetings of the Cabinet, the National Coronavirus Command Council and the President's Coordinating Council.

GreGorGy

I expect poor decisions of epic proportions. Covid is not the problem and no amount of regulations or controls will change that. Government is edging closer to a watershed moment from which it cannot rebound until they earnestly and comprehensively address the real problems and find workable solutions. Until then, the Covid disaster is merely another grand display of their failures thus far. There comes a time to lead and a time to rule. Now, in a time when leaders are required, we only have rulers.

biometrics

I expect poor decisions of epic proportions. Covid is not the problem and no amount of regulations or controls will change that. Government is edging closer to a watershed moment from which it cannot rebound until they earnestly and comprehensively address the real problems and find workable solutions. Until then, the Covid disaster is merely another grand display of their failures thus far. There comes a time to lead and a time to rule. Now, in a time when leaders are required, we only have rulers.
If he doesn't mandate masks then he's useless and we're fucked.

biometrics

what's with the Coopers popularity? never really liked those, usually brew with extract kits from Muntons, Copper Tun or Mangrove Jack's

though in poor form I've not even done one batch during lockdown 😒
No stock. Coopers is pretty average. Will try the other brands when there is stock again, I believe from September. Got all the kit now, so will keep brewing.

GreGorGy

If he doesn't mandate masks then he's useless and we're fucked.

That rule writes itself. But masks or none, stricter measures or more tolerances, it won't matter - the severe damage has been done. He'd be far better off trying to fix that. But even now, there's noises of corruption in the disbursement of grant money for this crisis, catching absolutely nobody by surprise. Stop sending money to pay off your voters and start fucking doing something for them.

biometrics

That rule writes itself. But masks or none, stricter measures or more tolerances, it won't matter - the severe damage has been done. He'd be far better off trying to fix that. But even now, there's noises of corruption in the disbursement of grant money for this crisis, catching absolutely nobody by surprise. Stop sending money to pay off your voters and start fucking doing something for them.
My unemployed friend couldn't even access the pathetic R350/month x 6 months grant. They are utterly incompetent. Don't expect them to improve.

biometrics

Remain at level 3.
Masks mandated in public spaces (shops, taxis, work places).
Alcohol banned.
Curfew 9 PM to 4 AM.
Family visits not allowed.

Last edited: