Coronavirus COVID-19 News specific to South Africa

biometrics

SA is giving the USA a run for their money there...
It's going to get bad. Very little mask wearing or social distancing. Streets look like any day before C19.

Keep in mind in the EU/East they had hard lock downs until the infection rate peaked and came down substantially. Here they started way too early, so fatigue and financial pressure set in, now we basically totally reopened before we even peaked.

It's going to get bad, really bad.

R

[)roi(]

Either I'm nearing what seems to be the end of a brief stint of covid-19 or maybe its just a bout of yearly flu.
Persistent sinus headaches, a bit of body aches, tiredness, chills, cough and a general malaise.
Either way it wasn't the worst I've ever felt; some pseudoephedrine did made the symptoms a bit more bearable.

Friday update (3 July):
  • This one is a bit persistent; just when I thought I was better; today the sinus headaches, post-nasal drip, and cough are back, also losing my voice.
  • Feeling better overall versus last weekend through to Tuesday this week.
  • Will have to see how long this one sticks around (tomorrow is a week); in 2009 with H1N1, it stuck with me for a few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Textile Guy

A teacher testing positive for Covid-19 at a Durban school resulted in violent clashes between pupils and police, Education MEC Kwazi Mshengu said on Wednesday.

"There has been an interruption of teaching and learning because of a misunderstanding between the teachers and the learners on how to manage the positive cases of Covid-19," he said at Nqabakazulu High School in KwaMashu.

The clash arose after pupils demanded all teachers at the school be tested for Covid-19. This was against the policy of the provincial health and education departments.

Africa - always with the violence :(

1593623339548.png

Textile Guy

No video, just a pic? :confused:
Sorry :(

Was part of a UN report from 2017 odd.
The UN concluded that violence in SA was crime driven by self interest, and waxed on about how violent SA really is - from when the wit ous were beating some poor chap, till the xenophobia.

R

[)roi(]

Nobel Laureate slams disgraceful scientific reaction to pandemic.

Elon Musk has also been in on highlighting the BS statistics and projections around covid-19 and the high % of false positives.
A virus that according to Levitt the data proves is no more deadly than the yearly flu or a bad flu season.

Professor Michael Levitt and Elon Musk are ex South Africans.

Last edited by a moderator: