Coronavirus COVID-19 News specific to South Africa

biometrics

Toss that BMI calculator. In my professional applications, I use an adjusted (and corrected) one. Visit https://people.maths.ox.ac.uk/trefethen/bmi_calc.html for a more insights and a better formula.
Oh I know about the new version but doctors still use the original.

In any case, not much difference for me, I'm still near the overweight/obese line. No calculator is going to fix that I need to lose 10-15kg.

1592570060344.png

Mortymoose

I don't do BMI, never have never will, in the same manner I never run to scale to weigh myself when I go off the beer for three months.....

I can jump im a pool right now, swim lengths for a solid hour, no break...
I can play badminton for 2 hour solid, no break...

Tomorrow morning I am going to the dunes for a morning braai, I will be climbing some high shit, sweating like a pig.... but I can do it..... all my peers who are built like me, cannot......

biometrics

‘Don’t exercise with a mask on’ warns WHO

The WHO’s warning against exercising with a mask on flies in the face of government regulations, which say you must wear a mask in public at all times, even when exercising

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has warned that people should not wear masks while exercising.

“Sweat can make the mask wet more quickly, which makes it difficult to breathe and promotes the growth of microorganisms such as viruses and bacteria,” it said.

“The important preventative measure during exercise is to maintain social distancing of at least 1 metre from others.”

However, with the government making it compulsory to wear masks in almost all public places, the possibility of this seems unsure within the South African context.

biometrics

Fri 19 June stats for my district. Take a guess where social distancing and mask wearing is not taking place:

Overstrand (Cases, Recovered, Active)
Fisherhaven 1 | 0 | 1
Gansbaai 65 | 13 | 49 (and 3 deaths)
Hawston 16 | 9 | 7
Hermanus 22 | 13 | 9
Kleinmond 7 | 3 | 4
Mt Pleasant 20 | 8 | 11 (and 1 death)
Onrus 16 | 5 | 10 (and 1 death)
Sandbaai 6 | 4 | 2
Stanford 3 | 1 | 2
Vermont 3 | 3 | 0
Zwelihle 175 | 53 | 122
TOTAL 334 | 112 | 217

Jings

Poor Tito and his team really have their work cut out for them this year. The two Cs - corruption and coronavirus.

R

[)roi(]

Poor Tito and his team really have their work cut out for them this year. The two Cs - corruption and coronavirus.
SA can't deal with the 1st C if another bigger C is never dealt with;
i.e. Criminals of the political kind; who since the ANC took over 25 years ago, are not only immune to prosecution; they stay on in their well paid positions.

Jings

SA can't deal with the 1st C if another bigger C is never dealt with;
i.e. Criminals of the political kind; who since the ANC took over 25 years ago, are not only immune to prosecution; they stay on in their well paid positions.
To be fair the path was rough but not too bad when Jacob Zuma took over. If it weren't for Thabo Mbeki and his stance on HIV things might have been different. Zuma used that to get in through the door of the presidency.
And now he's forced to take the fall, as if he's the only criminal in the ANC.

satanboy