Coronavirus COVID-19 News specific to South Africa

Seldom Bucket

Btw, would be interesting if you started a "Diary of an Coronovirus patient" or something to that effect. You need to post how you feel each day starting from the suspected infection date (so we can get a sense of incubation, duration).
Might just be flu, I usually get sick this time of year.

biometrics

Seldom Bucket

If you get it mildly would you bother with tests and stuff? I'd probably just wait for it to pass.

True, but these people can face criminal chargers for refusing to go into quarantine

biometrics

On the plus side, Dstv Now news channels are now free. Never used it before, works quite well.

biometrics

23:42

Health Minister Zweli Mkhize announced in a statement late on Tuesday night that South Africa now has 85 confirmed Covid-cases.

This as the country takes drastic steps to curb a possible coronavirus outbreak with travel restrictions set to be implemented on Wednesday, as well as school and university closures.

"It is notable that there are 6 cases of local transmission," said Mkhize.

biometrics

@satanboy, you were wondering where all the gloves went. Don't really see the point, they are touching stuff and then their phones etc. Pointless in this use case.

1584525024869.png

biometrics

I don't really frequent these places anymore anyway.

To find an open shebeen is not a worrying factor either
It's not about this specifically, it's about the trend. You can see they are doing the same as overseas, we're just 2-3 weeks behind. There will be a lockdown (and no liquor sales). So if you like your drink, I suggest you stock up a bit, but not so much that people point fingers. *cough*

LD50

It's not about this specifically, it's about the trend. You can see they are doing the same as overseas, we're just 2-3 weeks behind. There will be a lockdown (and no liquor sales). So if you like your drink, I suggest you stock up a bit, but not so much that people point fingers. *cough*
I don't care what people think Bio. I'm not an alcoholic in the true sense of the word. Just really really love alcohol, in a very romantic sort of way.
Judge me if you will you sons of bitches

LD50

But, but, in the interest of context, yes, this virus will cause more strict regulations to come into play.
TBH , I don't think we realise the true impact of what lies ahead. Like a CEO in the food industry said today; " This is the 2 World War of our generation"

Seldom Bucket

Western Cape Health MEC goes into self-quarantine

Western Cape Health MEC Nomafrench Mbombo placed herself in self-quarantine at her West Beach, Cape Town house after possible exposure to Covid-19. Even though she has no symptoms, she isolated herself on Wednesday, 18 March after learning that the Consul General of France in Cape Town, Laurent Amar, tested positive for Covid-19.

Amar took to Twitter on Wednesday morning to warn those he may have exposed: “Dear all, I have just been informed that I have been tested positive #covid19,” he wrote. “Just want to share this with all potential contacts to break the chain of transmission and assure you that I will come back stronger soon.”

Soon after his announcement on Wednesday, Mbombo visited Tygerberg Hospital in Cape Town’s Northern suburbs to do the test – with the results expected in 24-48 hours. She said she had been due to take the test on Friday in any event, as part of government’s oversight protocol. Later on Wednesday afternoon, she retreated to her house near Bloubergstrand.

biometrics

@Spizz, are you a permanent resident or a citizen?

Spizz

Yeah. I’m a PR. Should be okay though as I’m travelling from a country with 0 cases, although I’m transiting through Singapore on which is deemed medium risk and means I’ll be subject to more questioning and/or tests.

Can only get a flight on Monday so Tuesday morning at CTIA should be interesting

Spizz

Mind you, I’ve got a British passport and thae UK is on the list of no entries. Obviously not travelling from there but still might cause a bit of a problem depending on the mood of the official stamping the passports.

biometrics

Yeah. I’m a PR. Should be okay though as I’m travelling from a country with 0 cases, although I’m transiting through Singapore on which is deemed medium risk and means I’ll be subject to more questioning and/or tests.

Can only get a flight on Monday so Tuesday morning at CTIA should be interesting
Is you company sending you home early?