Coronavirus COVID-19 News specific to South Africa

satanboy

262547917_4950688621647298_91295007580612864_n.jpg

Johnatan56

I can perhaps try and answer that for them, my guess would be for profit? :unsure:

They sneakily don't give us a clue as to what the base cost of running a test is, so it's difficult to gauge if they are profiteering, but I would hazard that they have very big smiles going to work each morning.
Should be around $5 for it based on lot sof articles for PCR, antigen should be around the $1 mark.

So add skills etc. for all of PCR, shouldn't be more than R200 in private including allowing for profit margin, it's a pretty obvious case of price fixing and I think that's why back in March I got one swab while in October I got two for the same price, think the investigation will be interesting.

biometrics

Only 1 of 5 had been tested in my sisters house. Shows you that the official stats is way under reported. Costs R850 for the test and they can't afford it.

Sinbad

Wow.

Understandable after 10% of a flight tested positive when they were supposed to have tested before departure

Johnatan56

@biometrics You were upset by the UK restrictions, wait until you see the new Canadian ones.

View attachment 30340
Erm, that's going to raise questions, what exactly happened for that to be an issue? Specific lab or something, sure, but cutting out entire countries is insane.
Wow.

Understandable after 10% of a flight tested positive when they were supposed to have tested before departure
Then you check what lab, and 10% positive, you can get positive because of one person on the flight, and biggest issue is people not isolating after taking PCR test until flight.