Coronavirus COVID-19 News specific to South Africa

RedViking

I was under the impression travelling to the Netherlands requires proof of vaccination. So I would assume the people on the plane was vaccinated instead of not vaccinated. So where does that leave us with the 3% of them might die?

biometrics

I was under the impression travelling to the Netherlands requires proof of vaccination. So I would assume the people on the plane was vaccinated instead of not vaccinated. So where does that leave us with the 3% of them might die?
Netherlands seems to require it, many others don't. The omicron case in Belgium was unvaccinated.

biometrics

Then don't ask me stupid questions please as I did not fight with you. I asked a simple questions and you decided it is not good enough to ask. Thank you.
When your posts sound like a covid denier then expect to be queried on it. Apologies if I hurt your feelings.

RedViking

How is that possible?
Being vaccinated as far as I understand does not stop you from getting infected. And the virus is everywhere. Is it not possible that when they were tested it was just not being detected yet? But by the time they were landing and another test was done, it was detected. In fact, if they do another test couple of days later on the rest they will post probably find they will also be positive eventually. That is why these travel bans are absolutely insane and a false sense of security. Punishing a country for something that is beyond anyone's control is ridiculous. And if they were indeed vaccinated, everyone on that plane will be fine. So I think saying it is a faulty test or fake certificate is an extreme reaction and disregard the possibility that everything was done properly, and people just can't admit that the measures they put in place is ridiculous in some cases. I don't mind being wrong, I just find it strange that the default response ignores the reality of things.

RedViking

When your posts sound like a covid denier then expect to be queried on it. Apologies if I hurt your feelings.
Don't read emotions into my posts. You're response is very typical hence why I want to know why you avoided a very valid question and decided to rather pull the anti-vax card. That is just dumb. Have a proper conversation with me.

biometrics

Being vaccinated as far as I understand does not stop you from getting infected. And the virus is everywhere. Is it not possible that when they were tested it was just not being detected yet? But by the time they were landing and another test was done, it was detected. In fact, if they do another test couple of days later on the rest they will post probably find they will also be positive eventually. That is why these travel bans are absolutely insane and a false sense of security. Punishing a country for something that is beyond anyone's control is ridiculous. And if they were indeed vaccinated, everyone on that plane will be fine. So I think saying it is a faulty test or fake certificate is an extreme reaction and disregard the possibility that everything was done properly, and people just can't admit that the measures they put in place is ridiculous in some cases. I don't mind being wrong, I just find it strange that the default response ignores the reality of things.
It is certainly odd to have 10% of two planes testing positive.

biometrics

Don't read emotions into my posts. You're response is very typical hence why I want to know why you avoided a very valid question and decided to rather pull the anti-vax card. That is just dumb. Have a proper conversation with me.
The anti vax question is very relevant imo. I makes your position clear. I know a number of these people and it pisses me off. It includes my eldest sister, my handyman, my housemate's best friend etc.

But I agree on several of your points.

RedViking

It is certainly odd to have 10% of two planes testing positive.
I don't find it odd to be honest. In fact it reassures me the way we react towards something that will now be part of our daily lives for a very long time to come is ridiculous. I don't say tests should not be done, just that the faith we put in it is a false sense of security. The virus and variants are so wide spread that it won't surprise me if another 40% is also positive but it has not been detected.

RedViking

The anti vax question is very relevant imo. I makes your position clear. I know a number of these people and it pisses me off. It includes my eldest sister, my handyman, my housemate's best friend etc.

But I agree on several of your points.
I'm not an anti-vaxxer. At the same time I do not jump when someone tells me to jump.

biometrics

I don't find it odd to be honest. In fact it reassures me the way we react towards something that will now be part of our daily lives for a very long time to come is ridiculous. I don't say tests should not be done, just that the faith we put in it is a false sense of security. The virus and variants are so wide spread that it won't surprise me if another 40% is also positive but it has not been detected.
It is odd when you need a negative PCR test to board and on arrival 10% is positive. That IS unusual