Coronavirus COVID-19 News specific to South Africa

Spizz

Update:
He is in highcare. Had a machine on his face and has to lie down on his stomach. They continue to run tests. Treatment could take up to 10 days. Medical aid has approved 5. I will pay for the rest. No issue. He phoned when they allowed him to sit up for breakfast. He sounded like he had run a marathon - could barely get the words out. He was told recovery can take weeks. I feel so for him - this is really not something you want to get. Ever!!! He never showed that there was an issue with his lungs when he was at home. Tiredness, headaches, sore throat and later weakness were his main symptoms. We thought the diarrhea was from the vitamins. It wasn't.

Take care of yourselves and do take this thing seriously. My brother and sister-in-law are on day 30. Still coughing badly, backache and headaches. Weakness and extreme tiredness too. He is my little brother.

Sounds hellish. What about you though? Are you negative.

biometrics

PRESIDENT RAMAPHOSA TO ADDRESS THE NATION

President Cyril Ramaphosa will address the nation at 20h00 today, Sunday, 11 July 2021, on developments in the country’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The President’s address will follow meetings of the National Coronavirus Command Council, the President’s Coordinating Council and Cabinet which are taking place during the course of the day.

As South Africa rolls out its COVID–19 vaccination programme, government and social partners are continuously monitoring infection, treatment and patient recovery rates as well as compliance with health regulations and other prevention measures.

The President’s address will be broadcast and streamed on a range of platforms that are accessible to South Africans and international audiences.

The SABC will provide a live feed for all media.

Media enquiries: Tyrone Seale, Acting Spokesperson to the President –
media@presidency.gov.za

ISSUED BY THE PRESIDENCY OF THE REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA

www.thepresidency.gov.za
Pretoria

Nicholas

Update:
He is in highcare. Had a machine on his face and has to lie down on his stomach. They continue to run tests. Treatment could take up to 10 days. Medical aid has approved 5. I will pay for the rest. No issue. He phoned when they allowed him to sit up for breakfast. He sounded like he had run a marathon - could barely get the words out. He was told recovery can take weeks. I feel so for him - this is really not something you want to get. Ever!!! He never showed that there was an issue with his lungs when he was at home. Tiredness, headaches, sore throat and later weakness were his main symptoms. We thought the diarrhea was from the vitamins. It wasn't.

Take care of yourselves and do take this thing seriously. My brother and sister-in-law are on day 30. Still coughing badly, backache and headaches. Weakness and extreme tiredness too. He is my little brother.
/Hugs

biometrics

Another 14 days level 4
No gatherings
Curfew 9pm to 4am
No alcohol
Schools open 26 July
Masks compulsory

Adjustment:
Restaurants open (max 50 people)
Gyms open
Agricultural auctions allowed

Sinbad

A friend just lost both his parents to this thing in the last 10 days.

And being overseas, he could not get back to them...

biometrics

A friend just lost both his parents to this thing in the last 10 days.

And being overseas, he could not get back to them...
This wave is pretty rough. My sister has lost several neighbours.

Of prominent people we lost the COJ mayor and the deputy police commissioner this week.