Coronavirus COVID-19 News specific to South Africa

Tribs

My daughter tested positive on Thursday, her husband and I on Sunday. Looks like a colleague from her office brought it in to a meeting (why they’re even having face to face meetings god only knows). Ten people at their office all infected. That’ll kill any productivity they may have had.
I really hope you will all be fine

biometrics

June 23 2021 - 12:40
Over-50s next in line for Covid-19 vaccines, says deputy health minister

Deputy health minister Joe Phaahla said on Wednesday SA is gearing up to vaccinate people in the 50 to 59 age group

“We are quite advanced with those over the age of 60,” he said, “though we still urge people who have grannies and uncles who are over the age of 60 who are not yet registered to please assist them to get registered.”

“We want to move to the next cohort which will be over 50 and then over 40,” he said.

Tribs

June 23 2021 - 12:40
Over-50s next in line for Covid-19 vaccines, says deputy health minister

Deputy health minister Joe Phaahla said on Wednesday SA is gearing up to vaccinate people in the 50 to 59 age group

“We are quite advanced with those over the age of 60,” he said, “though we still urge people who have grannies and uncles who are over the age of 60 who are not yet registered to please assist them to get registered.”

“We want to move to the next cohort which will be over 50 and then over 40,” he said.
So my time is drawing near

Rudolph Hart

I really hope you will all be fine
Thanks a million. We’re all trudging through and getting there. I’m glad I got it while I it got them, cos I’d really be battling if I were at home alone. Of course if I wasn’t here, I’d not have got it.

Tribs

Thanks a million. We’re all trudging through and getting there. I’m glad I got it while I it got them, cos I’d really be battling if I were at home alone. Of course if I wasn’t here, I’d not have got it.
That is true - and if you make it through without longterm effects - you will be better off

Arzy

Predictions?

No gatherings (markets, churches, parks, rallies, sports)
No alcohol off sales
Another hour or two on the curfew
Copying my post from the dark side!

So, who's running the betting pool?

I'm thinking curfew 9pm to 6am
Public school holidays brought forward or extended
Maybe banning or further restrictions on alcohol
Plea to work from home if able
Gatherings limited to 10 inside and 50 outside