Coronavirus COVID-19 News specific to South Africa

LCBXX

I don’t know if any of you use the app, but I got a notification today that I was in proximity to someone on the 29th who has tested positive.
The question is: why are they in the shop if they have tested positive?

biometrics

The question is: why are they in the shop if they have tested positive?
The app allows you to alert others when you are positive. You’re supposed to enter a six digit PIN you would have received with you positive SMS and your DOB. I assume the backend has some logic to backdate the positive finding to an average incubation and infectious period.

LCBXX

The app allows you to alert others when you are positive. You’re supposed to enter a six digit PIN you would have received with you positive SMS and your DOB. I assume the backend has some logic to backdate the positive finding to an average incubation and infectious period.
Should they not be self-isolating for 14 days after a positive test?

Spizz

Should they not be self-isolating for 14 days after a positive test?

If you get a positive result you enter it onto the app and it sends a notification out to whoever has been in a close proximity to you in the "run up" to the diagnosis.

LCBXX

If you get a positive result you enter it onto the app and it sends a notification out to whoever has been in a close proximity to you in the "run up" to the diagnosis.
So the app is tracking, and recording, your location? I thought it didn't do that, only alerting you when you're in 10m proximity, at that moment, to someone who has updated their status on the app.

dabean

So the app is tracking, and recording, your location? I thought it didn't do that, only alerting you when you're in 10m proximity, at that moment, to someone who has updated their status on the app.

I don't think it needs to save location. The date/time and userid (from proximity) should be enough to send alerts.

They probably use a fixed amount of days (7/14 or whatever) and send to anyone who was close to you in that range when you test positive.

biometrics

Not location.

It's recording and uploading your Bluetooth ID and Bluetooth IDs it has seen, plus the time. So if your phone saw ID 123 on the 1st and they log a positive for ID 123 then you will be notified of possible exposure on the 1st.

But keep in mind Bluetooth range can be 10m+.

Anyway, that's how I think it works.

Spizz

Not location.

It's recording and uploading your Bluetooth ID and Bluetooth IDs it has seen, plus the time. So if your phone saw ID 123 on the 1st and they log a positive for ID 123 then you will be notified of possible exposure on the 1st.

But keep in mind Bluetooth range can be 10m+.

Anyway, that's how I think it works.

What he said.

biometrics

biometrics

Overstrand active cases (Kleinmond, Hermanus, Stanford and Gansbaai)

27 Nov 41
29 Nov 64
7 Dec 98
9 Dec 122
11 Dec 138
14 Dec 207
17 Dec 287
18 Dec 314
21 Dec 376
23 Dec 481
24 Dec 559
28 Dec 661
30 Dec 623
31 Dec 748
4 Jan 733
6 Jan 678
8 Jan 734

Arzy

I hate this uncertainty and waiting. Wish the squirrel would just come out now and tell us which position we're being fucked in next.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

biometrics

I know something like 400 medical and 600 police people have died but it's shocking to know 2,000 teachers have died! I certainly would resign if I was a teacher but I guess without money you are equally fucked.