Coronavirus COVID-19 News specific to South Africa

biometrics

I've placed another whiskey order (R2K), just in case of the 2nd wave.
Considering what I've seen at the pub and restaurants (near zero masks) I think it's inevitable we'll get a second wave in a few months, similar to Europe (we seem to be trailing them by three months or so). Will monitor the active cases before splurging on booze. In the mean time my 10 bottles of whisk(e)y is still untouched and I have enough beer making supplies for 150 litres.

GreGorGy

Considering what I've seen at the pub and restaurants (near zero masks) I think it's inevitable we'll get a second wave in a few months, similar to Europe (we seem to be trailing them by three months or so). Will monitor the active cases before splurging on booze. In the mean time my 10 bottles of whisk(e)y is still untouched and I have enough beer making supplies for 150 litres.
150 litres doesn't last as long as it sounds :cry:

Düber

Should I stock up on ciggies then? I got caught short last time around.:mad:

Düber

LOL, Imagine my wife's face when she finds ciggies in the freezer! :cool:
There will be some seriously whispered conversations with the MIL!

Arzy

I expect a second wave in march/April when our temps start dropping again.

If I'm able to finish my current stock of alcohol by then I'm booking myself in a rehab for the duration of the lockdown.

GreGorGy

Should I stock up on ciggies then? I got caught short last time around.:mad:
The agreement after the last round was that a cigarette ban cannot be reinstated without wider public consultation so in theory, you will have fair warning leading up to it. I currently run a FIFO system. I have enough tobacco for about two months and store it in my humidor. First in, first out. After I have depleted it one third, I replenish.

biometrics

I expect a second wave in march/April when our temps start dropping again.

If I'm able to finish my current stock of alcohol by then I'm booking myself in a rehab for the duration of the lockdown.
Yah!

Düber

The agreement after the last round was that a cigarette ban cannot be reinstated without wider public consultation so in theory, you will have fair warning leading up to it. I currently run a FIFO system. I have enough tobacco for about two months and store it in my humidor. First in, first out. After I have depleted it one third, I replenish.

Good Idea.

biometrics

This doesn't sound good...

The Health Minister said epidemiological reports were showing that in the country, over the last 7 days there had been an increase of 9.1% in new cases.

biometrics

42% must be a mistake, right?

We are also seeing concerning increases in some of the provinces. To illustrate this, in the last 7 days, there was a marked increase in the number of new cases in the Western Cape. The Province recorded a 42% increase in new infections.