Coronavirus around the world thread

bigAl-sa

For @biometrics. Moving average of deaths per million of some n hemisphere countries

2v2HAtNdqxAsZog.png

The uk figures before the 30th have been increased with a share of the deaths which caused the spike on the 30th. I will share more once @BloodrayneZA has found me 😂

bigAl-sa

The ups and downs on the Swedish curve seems to be a result of them not really working on weekends.

Fargle

7.9 Billion people...

I'll repeat myself for fun and say 1 million dead a day over 10 years and the global population will stand at around 4 billion, not taking into account 350000 births a day.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tribs

I'll keep on disinfecting or quarantining packages. Info keeps changing so I don't consider it reliable.
I am not disabling my ad block or subscribing to read that. So I guess I will have to wait for a free service to tell me what they found

biometrics

I am not disabling my ad block or subscribing to read that. So I guess I will have to wait for a free service to tell me what they found
Coronavirus 'does not spread easily' by touching surfaces or objects, CDC now says. But it still 'may be possible'.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has always warned that "it may be possible" to become infected with coronavirus by touching contaminated surfaces or objects.

It just "does not spread easily" in that manner, the agency now says, nor by animal-to-human contact, or vice versa.

"COVID-19 is a new disease and we are still learning about how it spreads," says the CDC's recently updated guidelines. "It may be possible for COVID-19 to spread in other ways, but these are not thought to be the main ways the virus spreads."

Dr. John Whyte, chief medical officer for the healthcare website WebMD, told Fox News that the CDC's slight update brings clarity and helps to reduce fears.

“Many people were concerned that by simply touching an object they may get coronavirus and that’s simply not the case. Even when a virus may stay on a surface, it doesn’t mean that it’s actually infectious,” Whyte was quoted.

For hours, even days:How long does the coronavirus live on surfaces?

“I think this new guideline helps people understand more about what does and doesn’t increase risk. It doesn’t mean we stop washing hands and disinfecting surfaces. But it does allow us to be practical and realistic as we try to return to a sense of normalcy,” he said.

The CDC still warns that the main way the virus is spread is through person-to-person contact, even among those who are not showing any symptoms.

The main way to prevent infection, the CDC says, is by practicing social distancing and staying at least 6 feet away from others, washing your hands with soap and water, and cleaning and disinfecting frequently-touched areas.

A recent study in the New England Journal of Medicine shows that coronavirus can live on some surfaces for up to three days and up to three hours in the air.

It can live up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to 2-3 days on plastic and stainless steel, according to the study.

The CDC, however, has said that catching the coronavirus from boxes delivered by Amazon or on your takeout food bag is highly unlikely "because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces."

Jings

biometrics

Jings

Looks promising for certain cannabis sativa strains high in CBD.

Dave

Trump... 😲

Trump calls houses of worship “essential services” and urges governors to let them reopen “right now.”

President Trump stepped into the culture wars again on Friday, taking the side of some religious leaders against governors who have moved slowly in reopening houses of worship amid the pandemic.
Without any clear authority to do so, he said that he was calling houses of faith, including churches, synagogues, and mosques, “essential services” and urged governors to reopen them “right now.”
“Today I am identifying houses of worship — churches, synagogue and mosques — as essential places that provide essential services,” Mr. Trump said at a hastily-scheduled briefing at the White House on Friday. “Some governors have deemed liquor stores and abortion clinics as essential but have left out churches and other houses of worship. It’s not right.”

satanboy

satanboy

LD50

Good lord this woman fucked herself up

Dave