Coronavirus around the world thread

Dave

Do fuck off with your fake shit.

What the fuck does an ophthalmologist have to do with viruses or epidemiology?

Dr. Richard G. Urso is listed as an ophthalmologist with Houston Eye Associates.

Dave

And Urso is also part of a fake news doctor group.

The latest viral video promoting COVID-19 misinformation features a newly formed group called America's Frontline Doctors. About 10 physicians, dressed in white coats with an embroidered America's Frontline Doctors logo, spoke for 45 minutes in front of the Supreme Court on Monday on a range of COVID-19 talking points, from hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) being curative to the mental health effects of lockdown outweighing the toll of the virus itself.

But none of the most vocal members have practices that would place them on the actual front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic. Some don't currently practice at all.

Two of those appearing at the Monday event are ophthalmologists, one of whom is no longer licensed.

sand_man

I wonder if how they classify deaths has changed? The daily infection rates are at record highs, breaking 300k early last week for the first time and consistently since. Over 7m active cases with 2nd waves in key European countries, yet the death rate remains stubbornly low. Don't think it's been over 7k in a day for months! I seem to recall when France, Spain, UK and Italy were peaking, the death rate reached a high of around 9k in a day. Haven't seen anything close since...

Obviously there a number of factors IE evolved treatment protocols, vulnerable taking precautions like self isolating, available hospital capacity.

bigAl-sa

I wonder if how they classify deaths has changed? The daily infection rates are at record highs, breaking 300k early last week for the first time and consistently since. Over 7m active cases with 2nd waves in key European countries, yet the death rate remains stubbornly low. Don't think it's been over 7k in a day for months! I seem to recall when France, Spain, UK and Italy were peaking, the death rate reached a high of around 9k in a day. Haven't seen anything close since...

Obviously there a number of factors IE evolved treatment protocols, vulnerable taking precautions like self isolating, available hospital capacity.
Virus has mutated.

satanboy

BBC News: More than 50% of Sweden's population live on their own.

Last edited:

bigAl-sa

2v2HVcun3xAsZog.png

2v2HVcuqvxAsZog.png

Dave

The government was forced into a climbdown today after it emerged Boris Johnson's 10pm drinking curfew did not apply to establishments in Parliament.

I'm beginning to think the fuck up that is the Covid response is just to cover up for the even bigger clusterfuck that will come in January, all the Brexit issues can then be blamed on Covid.