Best way to get over it is to get under a new one?

Curious as to the various views regarding dealing with / getting over a shitty breakup.

Some people say to sow seeds until you feel better.

Others say to "take time" and "let things heal".

Yet others advise religion/drugs/meditation/jerking off at a gym/whatever.

Any suggestions or advice for what has worked for you?

emam

Curious as to the various views regarding dealing with / getting over a shitty breakup.

I thought this had happened (FB profile pic)
And I'm so sorry to hear...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Tribs

Anything you have now might be temporary - if you are ok with that - see who you meet and decide then. One doesn't have to decide - you can just go with how you feel in the moment. Just play it safe. Condoms and masks etc.

Tribs

You’ve thought this all out quite well haven’t you?
It's what my head does - yes.
They could also get Covid tests and isolate - and when they both get negative results - spend the weekend doing anything they please - in isolation of course

Tribs

My takeaway so far:

Live my life, pomp her now that she's my ex and meet new people and pomp them in public in the open while wearing a mask.

How is this any different to what I was doing before?

:D
Oh you want different - you should come back to CS and be frustrated by terrible fps. And school hols are here - so all the cheaters and toxic players are back

Oh you want different - you should come back to CS and be frustrated by terrible fps. And school hols are here - so all the cheaters and toxic players are back
Oh, I can barely contain the excitement. if I can find time between mowing the lawn and painting the walls with a stipple brush, I'll be there.

Smuggy

Hang out with your mates, have a braai and beers together, go for a ride on your bike if you have one... Just carry on with life and consider being single.. Way less hassle.

Tribs

Hang out with your mates, have a braai and beers together, go for a ride on your bike if you have one... Just carry on with life and consider being single.. Way less hassle.
I am with you on this

Jings

Prepare yourself in a way that if she asks to come back to you, that you will not make like a biscuit and crumble.
It's not like you really had a choice so she'll be wondering if it was really right decision to return to the ex, and making comparisons.

SlinkyMike

Time is the only thing that will get you over it.

While you wait there are things you can do though.

Doesn't have to be gym but do take some exercise, your body has it's own happy drugs and you need them now.

Relationships often come with a degree of compromise, some of these compromises might actually be things you didn't even realise or things you have forgotten. Might be as simple as enjoying your favourite spicy food restaurant again or as complex as old friendships that have suffered due to the relationship, whatever it is you are free from those now. Reassess your space in light of the changes you have undergone.

Related to the previous point: you have more time to yourself now. Read, learn guitar, build some Lego... whatever you have wanted to do but couldn't due to the time that you were investing in the relationship, go for it.