We love cats!

Baxteen

that is adorable. I am sure they will get used to the new home very quickly.

S

Sonikku

So I am now the owner of two cats.

They are 4 months old rescues from Tears. They are still (day 2) a bit freaked out about leaving "home" but they are litter siblings so should hopefully rely on each other for support while they get used to living in my bedroom. This morning there were quite happy noises as they explored the 04:30 darkness, but while they are used to humans, they are not used to me.

They accept stroking but are quite nervous.

My children named them "Spot Dot" (female) and "Moonlight" (male)

Got home from work to find each has a hiding spot (one of which, of course is a cardboard box). Hopefully they will get used to me in the next week or so and start coming for attention.
pretty normal. Give them time to chill

scudsucker

They are OK. The male is much more adventurous - he cruises around the room at night investigating things. His sister is much more shy.

Both have quite lovely bottle brush furry tails. Still to get a decent picture of them for my family to see.

biometrics

They are OK. The male is much more adventurous - he cruises around the room at night investigating things. His sister is much more shy.

Both have quite lovely bottle brush furry tails. Still to get a decent picture of them for my family to see.
Do you know what the cat tax is?

Baxteen

we are "babysitting" fosters getting them tonight and we have them til next week.

cant take on a litter atm because there is too much happening work wise for my wife right now. but maybe in March again.
during busy season we help out for a week here and a week there but when it is not busy season my wife takes on bottle fosters and they go to another foster parent from about 6 week old until they find forever homes.

S

Sonikku

I have 5 cats
1. Penny aka "mother bitch"
Yes we call her mother bitch because she doesn't get along with the other cats and is trying at present to dominate me and my wife. She will swipe and/or bite you if she doesn't like anything you're doing. She moans and growls even if you move the duvet while on the bed.
1697727125322.jpeg

2. Sylvester - aka buffoon
Typical lazy tomcat this one, loves to nap, but most of all, loves to wake me at 3AM, either to bring me gifts (cockroaches, moths, lizards and birds) or to be petted- will scratch the built-in-cupboards at said hours to be petted or fed
1697727339002.jpeg
3. Chloe - aka Pinky
This cat is a bit of a ditz, she goes crazy in the evenings and chases anything that moves. She is the eldest, almost 7 years old.
1697727405685.jpeg

4. Shadow- aka Purrkins
This is the most lovable cat we know. Just loves to be petted and sleep on our bed
1697727556202.jpeg
5. Fuzzypants
A little wildcat, we got her soon after we moved to Cape Town. She is our son's cat. She is a rescue we rescued ourselves, found her in Bothasig
1697728375678.jpeg

Düber

I have 5 cats
1. Penny aka "mother bitch"
Yes we call her mother bitch because she doesn't get along with the other cats and is trying at present to dominate me and my wife. She will swipe and/or bite you if she doesn't like anything you're doing. She moans and growls even if you move the duvet while on the bed.
View attachment 38615

2. Sylvester - aka buffoon
Typical lazy tomcat this one, loves to nap, but most of all, loves to wake me at 3AM, either to bring me gifts (cockroaches, moths, lizards and birds) or to be petted- will scratch the built-in-cupboards at said hours to be petted or fed
View attachment 38616
3. Chloe - aka Pinky
This cat is a bit of a ditz, she goes crazy in the evenings and chases anything that moves. She is the eldest, almost 7 years old.
View attachment 38617

4. Shadow- aka Purrkins
This is the most lovable cat we know. Just loves to be petted and sleep on our bed
View attachment 38618
5. Fuzzypants
A little wildcat, we got her soon after we moved to Cape Town. She is our son's cat. She is a rescue we rescued ourselves, found her in Bothasig
View attachment 38619
Like their unique "necklaces".

I really do miss having a cat. Perhaps soon.

scudsucker

Give them time to chill
The black one, Moonlight got brave enough to come to me for attention and cuddles this morning. Then he started using me as a safe platform to launch play attacks on his sister as she is still nervous of me, and won't retaliate when he is on my bed. Cats!

Edit: added pic, taken once it got light enough.

IMG-20231023-WA0000.jpeg

Last edited:
S

Sonikku

I was woken up at 11:40 last night, I had just fallen asleep, when the black and white cat (pictured above) decided to bring me a gift.
A whole freaking bird!!!!
Now the thing is, when he is bringing in gifts he has a very specific meow... and when we hear it we know he's got something. So I heard said meow and got up, and I encountered him ducking into the bathroom with said bird in mouth. When I got there, he promptly lay it at my feet and began to purr....
So there I was, cleaning up that mess..