We love cats!

satanboy

1690451404580.png
This 14th century door at Exeter Cathedral, UK, is thought to be the oldest existing cat flap.
A cat was paid a penny each week, to keep down the rats and mice in the north tower, and a cat flap was cut into the door below the astronomical clock to allow the cat to carry out its duties.
Records of payments were entered in the Cathedral archives from 1305 to 1467, the penny a week being enough to buy food to supplement a heavy diet of rodents.

Tribs

Oh I am so sorry. I have had several pets die from cancer. They are good at hiding their pain - let the vet guide you. And I hope your kitty has it easy.

scudsucker

So I am now the owner of two cats.

They are 4 months old rescues from Tears. They are still (day 2) a bit freaked out about leaving "home" but they are litter siblings so should hopefully rely on each other for support while they get used to living in my bedroom. This morning there were quite happy noises as they explored the 04:30 darkness, but while they are used to humans, they are not used to me.

They accept stroking but are quite nervous.

My children named them "Spot Dot" (female) and "Moonlight" (male)

Got home from work to find each has a hiding spot (one of which, of course is a cardboard box). Hopefully they will get used to me in the next week or so and start coming for attention.