Your Highs and Lows

SauRoN

Sorry, I forgot about this forum till I received an email last night.

Deeds Office has opened up again but with only 10% of their staff, we will see how that goes.

My fok. Kyk wie is hier.

Sent from my iPhone

Tribs

Lowest: Wife's 10 year old niece passed away to cancer this morning. She was diagnosed less than two months ago.

...and it's my birthday. Ag, there's always next year.
I am so sorry for your loss. Something this quick, especially when it is someone young, is a shock to one's system. I wish you and your wife strength through this time.

Y2K

Sorry, I forgot about this forum till I received an email last night.

Deeds Office has opened up again but with only 10% of their staff, we will see how that goes.
We were waiting for the rates certificate it was literally the last step then the transfer would have gone through, the deeds office closed because one of their staff tested positive, now we're being told that the window for submission lapsed and everything would have to be done from the beginning, it's enough to piss anybody off and government doesn't give a fuck.

High: Still have a roof over our heads.

Low: Having dumped close to 100k in transfer fees etc and the owners lawyers haven't even made any effort to contact us with an update or an email like she said she would, this is going on 15 days days now. The woman at FNB has been a lot more accommodating, go figure. Along with that we're paying rent on someone else's bond whereas we could be paying off our own.

bokka1

We were waiting for the rates certificate it was literally the last step then the transfer would have gone through, the deeds office closed because one of their staff tested positive, now we're being told that the window for submission lapsed and everything would have to be done from the beginning, it's enough to piss anybody off and government doesn't give a fuck.

High: Still have a roof over our heads.

Low: Having dumped close to 100k in transfer fees etc and the owners lawyers haven't even made any effort to contact us with an update or an email like she said she would, this is going on 15 days days now. The woman at FNB has been a lot more accommodating, go figure. Along with that we're paying rent on someone else's bond whereas we could be paying off our own.

I have deals that were lodged at the Deeds Office on 15 May and it still has not been assigned to an examiner. On other deals I have been waiting two weeks for new rates clearances.

So don't expect anything soon.

The Deeds Office did not close because someone tested positive. It closed because someone at the Surveyor-General's office was in contact with someone who was positive. The SG office is on the 9th floor, the Deeds Office on the 12th floor. You can't walk between the floors. They closed both. :(

• Haha
Reactions: Y2K

Y2K

I have deals that were lodged at the Deeds Office on 15 May and it still has not been assigned to an examiner. On other deals I have been waiting two weeks for new rates clearances.

So don't expect anything soon.

The Deeds Office did not close because someone tested positive. It closed because someone at the Surveyor-General's office was in contact with someone who was positive. The SG office is on the 9th floor, the Deeds Office on the 12th floor. You can't walk between the floors. They closed both. :(
I'm losing my mind in this space, up is down and left is right, blue is red and black is white, our class tried having a political debate today. Topic was the "old government" vs the current government aka SquirrelRamaUseless and his band of teletubbies.

it ended with people swearing me out because they can't have a logical argument, why is it so easy to tilt people when they weren't even born in the apartheid era?

Just to clarify something, I am coloured. Everybody assumes I am white because of my fare skin tone, hair, name/surname, the fact that I can speak english correctly, have good grammar and live in a decent neighborhood, yes that's the world we live in.

But I don't take it to heart because it's an honest mistake and quite frankly I couldn't give a shit.

If the individual sitting opposite cannot even comprehend what I'm am saying and uses the colour of my skin in an attempt to gain an upper hand in a silly debate then you can't blame me for explaining the facts as if you are 5 years old.

i asked them to compare government vs goverment and all the opposing party could shout was yeah they oppressed us and our parents and took our land.

My argument was to look at things like corruption, strength of the rand vs international currency (obviously accounting for things like inflation), crime statistics according to population, efficiency of our police/army/navy then vs now, suicide rates then vs now and all I get in return is yeah fuck you neh, your forefathers stole from us, our forefathers land, they stole it."" I legit thought they were drunk.

Anyways that's my vent for today, I try not to let stuff like this get to me but sometimes I'm not in the best of moods and lack of physical interaction with others makes me a bit more aggressive.

Dave

I'm losing my mind in this space, up is down and left is right, blue is red and black is white, our class tried having a political debate today. Topic was the "old government" vs the current government aka SquirrelRamaUseless and his band of teletubbies.

it ended with people swearing me out because they can't have a logical argument, why is it so easy to tilt people when they weren't even born in the apartheid era?

Just to clarify something, I am coloured. Everybody assumes I am white because of my fare skin tone, hair, name/surname, the fact that I can speak english correctly, have good grammar and live in a decent neighborhood, yes that's the world we live in.

But I don't take it to heart because it's an honest mistake and quite frankly I couldn't give a shit.

If the individual sitting opposite cannot even comprehend what I'm am saying and uses the colour of my skin in an attempt to gain an upper hand in a silly debate then you can't blame me for explaining the facts as if you are 5 years old.

i asked them to compare government vs goverment and all the opposing party could shout was yeah they oppressed us and our parents and took our land.

My argument was to look at things like corruption, strength of the rand vs international currency (obviously accounting for things like inflation), crime statistics according to population, efficiency of our police/army/navy then vs now, suicide rates then vs now and all I get in return is yeah fuck you neh, your forefathers stole from us, our forefathers land, they stole it."" I legit thought they were drunk.

Anyways that's my vent for today, I try not to let stuff like this get to me but sometimes I'm not in the best of moods and lack of physical interaction with others makes me a bit more aggressive.

You can never hope to fix all the stupid in the world.

Tribs

Some people just like to complain and see the world how others present it. You are wasting your time on them.

High - got to have real alcohol yesterday

Low - did not finish the work I was doing yesterday - now I am behind.

ForceFate_

Last time I checked the size of the car had little correlation to what it costs to fix.

Sent from my iPhone

:D:cool:
Small as in...small engine. It doesn't cost much to do normal maintenance so I assume it would be cheaper to fix. I haven't gone around to having it looked at yet.

Tribs

High: Training is done for today. It is weekend

Low: Have much to learn before Monday

Textile Guy

High ... car booked for service at Hyundai this morning

Low - appointment for 09h30 to 10h15am (45 minutes wait :( )