You got less than 2 minutes to convince me!!

sand_man

So the challenge is as follows. You're an individual with zero interest in a particular topic (can be anything from breeding tadpoles to ancient rock art to anal intercourse with your mother in law). My job is to change your perspective, by whatever means possible...

I'll give you an example...

So motorsport isn't everyone's cup of tea but here is the last lap of Sunday's MotoGP. This is my attempt at peaking your interest in MotoGP... I'll also try post it on Youtube but I suspect it will be pulled for Copyright infringement...

EADC

Only started watching MotoGP this year due to no other sport but past few races have been exciting. Takes time to get an understanding for it.

Tribs

So the challenge is as follows. You're an individual with zero interest in a particular topic (can be anything from breeding tadpoles to ancient rock art to anal intercourse with your mother in law). My job is to change your perspective, by whatever means possible...

So motorsport isn't everyone's cup of tea but here is the last lap of Sunday's MotoGP. This is my attempt at peaking your interest in MotoGP... I'll also try post it on Youtube but I suspect it will be pulled for Copyright infringement...

You got me interested. The guy who swings his leg out is scary

TabacNW

Ok. I see most here don't get it. I have Zero interest in Soccer. Or Tennis.

TabacNW

I know it is not my challenge - but I love soccer
Were you not around during the 2010 WC here in SA?
I was here. Nothing to be proud of when it comes to our soccer team. I do support Germany though. But watching a game where the end score is 2-1 (If even), that's boring.
Not convinced. :cool:

Tribs

I was here. Nothing to be proud of when it comes to our soccer team. I do support Germany though. But watching a game where the end score is 2-1 (If even), that's boring.
Not convinced. :cool:
Then it is up to the pro. I had such awesome times during those games - the SA ones included. Being part Dutch - I supported Holland when SA were out. Even bumped into the Brazil team in Sandton Square. And the Italians were practicing at my kids school. My boys and I watched most of the games together. Good memories.

TabacNW

Then it is up to the pro. I had such awesome times during those games - the SA ones included. Being part Dutch - I supported Holland when SA were out. Even bumped into the Brazil team in Sandton Square. And the Italians were practicing at my kids school. My boys and I watched most of the games together. Good memories.
I suppose soccer atract more English fans. Us boere like rugby. :p

Tribs

I suppose soccer atract more English fans. Us boere like rugby. :p
I never liked rugby at all. And then at school they made us read a book called Jasper die rugby held. And then I understood the game. Still killed me when I let my son play it. And rugby is only a dirty game if the ref etc are not doing their jobs.

sand_man

@sand_man So ?? Try and change my perspective. Or did i win that round ?
Sorry, I didn't correctly articulate how I wanted the thread to evolve. Anyone is free to try and change your perspective. So presumably someone who has an interest in soccer/tennis and recalls an event so compelling, that it changes the minds of the most ardent detractor.

sand_man

Nope, good attempt.

I seek not to make it my mission to change the minds of the detractors. All are free to post...

EADC

With sport you cant just watch something or certainly I cant, Need to find someone or a team to back which adds to the excitement with football I was pretty iffy as who do you support then I discovered AFC Bournemouth who about 5 years ago got promoted to the Premier league but it was the story behind how they got there that captivated me even though we got relegated I am still a Cherries supporter.

sand_man

With sport you cant just watch something or certainly I cant, Need to find someone or a team to back which adds to the excitement with football I was pretty iffy as who do you support then I discovered AFC Bournemouth who about 5 years ago got promoted to the Premier league but it was the story behind how they got there that captivated me even though we got relegated I am still a Cherries supporter.
Binder's success in motoGP is what has peaked my interest... Also helps that he has a brother competing too (Darren)....

EADC

Binder's success in motoGP is what has peaked my interest... Also helps that he has a brother competing too (Darren)....

Not necessarily his success but I started because he was competing and having Saffer in there provided someone to back and from there deciding to back KTM as well being a new team no real success but it all coming together getting wins and podiums just adds to it.