World changes post the virus

LD50

The retail game will change. Long term I don't think chain stores like Woolies, PnP and Checkers will exist anymore. Usave & Shoprite outlets in poor communities will carry on.
Online grocery shopping and delivery services will expand hugely.
Motor industry should be catching on in developing cost effective delivery vehicles.
Many companies will find out that a virtual office (employees working from home) has certain advantages.

LD50

We'be already received a survey from eork how we feel about this new setup etc.
Well consider the following when working from home;

1. The company should save money on renting premises and all other expense going along with that
2. Where employees don't have a good internet connection at home the company should provide it.
Others making use of their own infrastructure should get a subsidy as well​
3. If the employee is disciplined productivity should be higher with the absence of the usual daily office interruptions from co-workers
4. You save on fuel not going to work
5. Less anxiety and stress with the elimination of rushed mornings trying to get dressed and traffic nightmares
6. You should get better sleep as a result
7. Yes you lose the physical interaction with others but who cares. Isn't that what we all want anyway?

satanboy

Well consider the following when working from home;

1. The company should save money on renting premises and all other expense going along with that
2. Where employees don't have a good internet connection at home the company should provide it.
Others making use of their own infrastructure should get a subsidy as well​
3. If the employee is disciplined productivity should be higher with the absence of the usual daily office interruptions from co-workers
4. You save on fuel not going to work
5. Less anxiety and stress with the elimination of rushed mornings trying to get dressed and traffic nightmares
6. You should get better sleep as a result
7. Yes you lose the physical interaction with others but who cares. Isn't that what we all want anyway?
All those questions were covered except for 7.

My main reason for wanting a home office.

Seldom Bucket

After 6 months trying to get our cloud server on the go, we were forced to get it up and running... This means I don't have to go to the office while working on-site, so bad lukewarm coffee and a mouse coughing for an air con

biometrics

I think tourism, travel, airlines, restaurants, movie houses, theaters etc are all going to have a big knock post the virus. Many people are just not going to trust other people.

Tribs

The retail game will change. Long term I don't think chain stores like Woolies, PnP and Checkers will exist anymore. Usave & Shoprite outlets in poor communities will carry on.
Online grocery shopping and delivery services will expand hugely.
Motor industry should be catching on in developing cost effective delivery vehicles.
Many companies will find out that a virtual office (employees working from home) has certain advantages.
No there will still be enough people like me who like to see before they buy.