Windows Shortcuts (and browsers)

beans100

ctrl + win and arrow left or right to move between Desktops (workspaces).........= modern day Boss key

Papa Smurf

thanx, im not a shortcut person but do use the generic Ctrl A C V everyday and the CMD TAB once or twice a day
what i do know that has a lot of shortcuts is Excel, 222 of them @Tribs :oops:

Tribs

thanx, im not a shortcut person but do use the generic Ctrl A C V everyday and the CMD TAB once or twice a day
what i do know that has a lot of shortcuts is Excel, 222 of them @Tribs :oops:
There are tons in Excel - and you can make your own too. You can even write your own formulas as functions and put them in the functions as udfs (User defined functions)

Johnatan56

There are tons in Excel - and you can make your own too. You can even write your own formulas as functions and put them in the functions as udfs (User defined functions)
I remember the days of macros. Man I dislike VBA. Maybe now that C# can run as top-level (C# 9), they'll add it as a possible language.

Gamer16

What are you doing? You should teach people how to turn off clipboard history, browser history and Recent Files. :)

I agree with you.

Something fun I learned the other day, if you have a ecosystem of apple devices, say iphone, ipad, mac etc etc, the Clipboard is shared between all those devices, constantly, how that doesn't scream security risk I don't know.

Gamer16

I remember the days of macros. Man I dislike VBA. Maybe now that C# can run as top-level (C# 9), they'll add it as a possible language.

For as long as I have been using it for work I have always found exactly the VBA script that I needed, never had write one luckily, thanks to the thousands of kind sharing blokes on the internets.

dabean

A newish one that I use quite often is Win+Shift+S (shortcut to the Snipping Tool since the Windows 10 Creators update).

Handy for partial screenshots to paste wherever.

Geoff.D

A newish one that I use quite often is Win+Shift+S (shortcut to the Snipping Tool since the Windows 10 Creators update).

Handy for partial screenshots to paste wherever.
Except now it brings up the new "snip and sketch" piece of shit.

Johnatan56

Except now it brings up the new "snip and sketch" piece of shit.
Go to Settings > System > Notifications & Actions and scroll to the bottom and toggle the snip & sketch thing left, it will stop popping up.
1595447739263.png