Where were you born and where do you live now?

Blantyre

I'm just interested to see how many of us have actually stayed in the city we were born in our entire life.

I was born in Durban and spent the first 19 years of my life before relocating to Grahamstown for four years and then Johannesburg for six months. I've been back in Durban since mid-2018.

I'm hoping to eventually get out though, either hopefully through getting a job abroad (if luck comes my way) or through getting a better placement in another province. I'm not really fond of the conservative nature of Durban.

Tribs

Born in a mining town called Carletonville. Studied for 4 years in Vanderbijlpark. Lived in Hillbrow, JHB. Moved to Midrand and then Centurion. Still there currently. Next move will hopefully be to Cape Town or somewhere with mountains and sea

Reactions: OCP

Rudolph Hart

Born on the East Rand, grew up in Jo’burg for about 30 years moved to rural KZN 25 years ago.

Nicholas

My parents were living in Port Alfred when my mother was rushed to East London to give birth to me at what is now Life St Dominic's Private Hospital.
My father, who worked for Barclay's Bank [before it became FNB] was then transferred to Uniondale.
From there, we moved to Stutterheim, and then Bedford, where I started Sub A. Only a few months later, we were again transferred - to Komani [Queenstown] this time. I started Sub A again the next year until being transferred again by the time I had finished Standard 2. We spent two years in Barkly East before going back to Queenstown for a year and a half.
Our next [and final] destination was to be East London, where I picked up on the second half of Standard 6. We lived in a boarding house for the next few months: my mother had inherited a house in East London, but we had to wait for the people she had rented it out to to move out.
I am still in East London, though I no longer live with with my family [mother and brother in South Africa], and expect to spend the remainder of my life here.

TabacNW

Born in Klerksdorp. Then lived in
Stilfontein
Kempton Park
Riebeeckstad
Kempton Park
Rustenburg
Malelane (Farm)
Rustenburg
King Williams Town
Devon (Farm)
Rustenburg

biometrics

I've moved about 35 times so it will be a long list if I included suburbs, so main cities/towns:

Somerset West
Stellenbosch
Cape Town (from Simon's Town to Melkbosstrand)
Johannesburg
Knysna
Hermanus