What are you drinking just now?

Baxteen

I just had a prime.
the blue razzberry flavored one.
very sweet. could be dilutted by about a third and still be good.
is the hype worth it? I dont care. the real hype is all the outrage about the fact that people are buying it as that is how I found out about it and also why I decided to try it. is it worth R40? nah, but for R20 it would be perfectly priced.

Baxteen

100% agree.
however KSI is a good egg. and he did fuck up him up in boxing. twice.
and the amount of outrage at the price, at logan paul being part of it and at the fact that this is being published with viral marketing is making it 100 times more popular than it needs to be.
if it wasnt LP, but instead some other person wiht no outrage, tehre would be less hype and it would sell less.
so while I agree on 100% on what you are saying, I can also say that because you are saying it, he made more money.
the only way to slow the hype train is to just stop talking about it.
that being said. the drink itself is not bad.

satanboy

1683031840952.png

Consciously Healthy

As of recently, I have heard of this Prime drink. Didn't think of it much more until it became a hot topic among few. Got me intrigued so started digging deeper.
So, turns out Logan Paul, the $45M dollar YouTube sensation is promoting a new energy drink, Prime Energy, with 200mg of caffeine per can to your kids. That's more than double the caffeine content of any other energy drink on the market including V, Mother and Red Bull.
Apparently, Prime also make a Sports Hydration Drink. Below is the ingredient list for those who care:
Filtered Water, Coconut Water from Concentrate, Citric Acid, Dipotassium Phosphate, Tri Magnesium Citrate, Natural Flavor, Sucralose, Beta Carotene for Color, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Valine, D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Acesulfame Potassium, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin a), Zinc Aspartate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6), Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B-12).
(At least they're using filtered water).
For those who don't know, Dipotassium Phosphate is is a substance made by combining potassium hydroxide with phosphoric acid. The phosphoric acid that makes Coca-Cola so famous for its ability to clean the oil off our engines!.
Gets better, "...it has been repeatedly ruled safe by the United States Food and Drug Administration", even though it's main use is as a fertilizer.
Prime Hydration also includes 2 artificial sweeteners, be aware, they cross the blood brain barrier and cause neurological issues long term!
The added minerals are there so it could be labelled a healthy 'sports drink'.
The brainwashing that occurs daily on TikTok is worse than Facebook and Instagram combined, trouble is that's where all our kids hang out.
Please read your labels, and teach your kids not to get sucked in by celebrities who really just do not care about you or your kids health. Educate yourself too before allowing your kids to drink this stuff. Thank goodness some schools (our school is one of them) have banned this drink from the school grounds! Hope rest follows!

I am not sure how much truth there is to this...

Edit:

Although dipotassium phosphate is safe for healthy individuals, it can be dangerous for those with common health problems, including kidney disease, severe heart and lung disease, and thyroid problems. It's used as a buffering agent in antifreeze, and in food as an additive to emulsify, stabilize, or provide texture.

Last edited:

biometrics

View attachment 36134

Consciously Healthy

As of recently, I have heard of this Prime drink. Didn't think of it much more until it became a hot topic among few. Got me intrigued so started digging deeper.
So, turns out Logan Paul, the $45M dollar YouTube sensation is promoting a new energy drink, Prime Energy, with 200mg of caffeine per can to your kids. That's more than double the caffeine content of any other energy drink on the market including V, Mother and Red Bull.
Apparently, Prime also make a Sports Hydration Drink. Below is the ingredient list for those who care:
Filtered Water, Coconut Water from Concentrate, Citric Acid, Dipotassium Phosphate, Tri Magnesium Citrate, Natural Flavor, Sucralose, Beta Carotene for Color, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Valine, D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Acesulfame Potassium, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin a), Zinc Aspartate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6), Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B-12).
(At least they're using filtered water).
For those who don't know, Dipotassium Phosphate is is a substance made by combining potassium hydroxide with phosphoric acid. The phosphoric acid that makes Coca-Cola so famous for its ability to clean the oil off our engines!.
Gets better, "...it has been repeatedly ruled safe by the United States Food and Drug Administration", even though it's main use is as a fertilizer.
Prime Hydration also includes 2 artificial sweeteners, be aware, they cross the blood brain barrier and cause neurological issues long term!
The added minerals are there so it could be labelled a healthy 'sports drink'.
The brainwashing that occurs daily on TikTok is worse than Facebook and Instagram combined, trouble is that's where all our kids hang out.
Please read your labels, and teach your kids not to get sucked in by celebrities who really just do not care about you or your kids health. Educate yourself too before allowing your kids to drink this stuff. Thank goodness some schools (our school is one of them) have banned this drink from the school grounds! Hope rest follows!

Edit:

Although dipotassium phosphate is safe for healthy individuals, it can be dangerous for those with common health problems, including kidney disease, severe heart and lung disease, and thyroid problems. It's used as a buffering agent in antifreeze, and in food as an additive to emulsify, stabilize, or provide texture.
Which crazy sports person would drink this, it has caffeine.

Baxteen

bigger issue is Acesulfame K.
Again. Nothing we drink is safe or healthy. even water. just based on what is being sold or being put into taps. And if you literally make your own then it is also bad for you.
Arguing over safety, or about if LP is a cnut or not is just adding fuel to the fire and creating a lot more free marketing. and what do kids and teenagers love to do more than anything? the opposite of what grown ups tell them to do. and we were the same at that age.
so the best fight is to stop talking about it and spreading information about it.

Baxteen

Which crazy sports person would drink this, it has caffeine.
Prime Hydration, no caffine.
Prime Energy has caffine.
dont compare a powerade to a redbull and then ask those questions.
the linked thread also does say there are 2 different drinks. but it is not clear what is being disussed so I can understand the confusion.
Prime (or Prime hydration) = Poweraid/energade
Prime Energy = Redbull/Monster/Dragon/Play

biometrics

Prime Hydration, no caffine.
Prime Energy has caffine.
dont compare a powerade to a redbull and then ask those questions.
the linked thread also does say there are 2 different drinks. but it is not clear what is being disussed so I can understand the confusion.
Prime (or Prime hydration) = Poweraid/energade
Prime Energy = Redbull/Monster/Dragon/Play
Oh ok. This is of no interest to me so did not check further.

DA-LION-619

Nut job nonsense. Like a sugar tax for health benefits.

It’s a like a craft beer to me, I only hear about it from people who are into craft beers, have not seen any hype about this drink and for R40 it makes sense why lol.