We finally moved in!

Y2K

Good evening everybody.

I will keep this very brief as I know a lot of peoples attentions spans is comparable to that of a gnat.

This happened about 2/3 weeks ago

The deads office finally gave us a clearance certificate and the sale of the house went through, we literally moved in 3 days later and I must say, I was kak sore🤣

(You can skip this part if you'd like)

Last week I was onsite finishing up an installation when I hear this dude scream, now granted this area is mainly farmlands but given the time of day and the type of shit that goes down there I rushed outside to find this dudes arm trapped by what must have been 300kg of concrete.

:context:

He was digging out the sand as they needed to run pipes for plumbing had no support in place to hold up the concrete, some of the staff jumped in using spades to hold the concrete in place while I dug away the sand and rock surrounding his legs and upper body.

We got him out, I had to pick him up from behind (yes my jacket was full of blood) no broken bones but lacerations starting just above the scapula on the left side of the body going across his back to the lower right section ending just above the right buttock, thankfully my coworker is a certified paramedic and was able to clean the wound.

He's at home off duty for a month if I'm not mistaken.

(End of dramatic story)

Anyways

Safe to say we are getting settled, just waiting on a few things to arrive (lmao our couches are being reupholstered so we're sitting on lawnchairs in the meantime).

I have deweeded the lawn to get a better idea of what I am working with.

We're going to be paving the front as there is limited parking space and we're not allowed to park on the grass (complex regulations).

I am germinating 15 Cannabis seeds (using this bought it from Super Plants in retreat/tokia) looks like some decent quality growing medium as I just used standard potting soil in the past and had mixed results.

I will update the appropriate threads later this week along with some pics.

I have also germinated some avocado seeds, tomatoe seeds, sunflower seeds and various herbs that we'll be using daily when preparing our meals.

Think its about time for a space cookie + fat joint.

Signing off

Sudo Panic

Reactions: OCP

Tribs

Wow definitely sounds eventful. Glad things happened so quickly and well done on rescuing that guy.

Reactions: Y2K

Tribs

Where's the pix!!!
I was wondering the same. I need to see the front garden so that I know how much concrete they are going to be putting down. I like gardens - not a fan of concreted ones though. So Need to see it so I will know it isn't going to look bad

Jings

Congratulations! Hope you have a good rest before starting on that nice sounding garden.