Unreal engine 5

Moosedrool

The slayer is sonic, and the demons ecchi anime characters that you slay with a giant dildo.
Have you tried zbrush? the absolute best app to make characters with. I always have trouble trying to model something organic with max or blender.

Sonic makes a forkin easy headshot though. XD

Haven’t no.

Moosedrool

I should get a bit more involved in UE. I made a some cool world machine terrains fully featured with splatmaps and the works. Should optimise them with environments and sell them one day and the asset market thing.

The badass level designers can build all the buildings they want on them. XD

wizardofid

Is there good money in making assets?

Yes, my store account has made about 200k in 4 years.Freelance work close to 500k in the same time. Steam sales for the last year close to 100k.However you don't simply start selling, you have to make a name for your self, quite often you will need to work for free or provide free work and build a rep and gain experience ect. Freelance deadlines are quite tight and often mean 13 -14 hour work days, the UK company I freelance with often, a 2 week project nets about $600 per project.

Once you set up a store account you need to keep uploading content as much as possible.Get rich quick schemes by uploading to already saturated turbo squid is a waste of time.There is money to be made with game ready assets, margins are decent, but you need lots of content.

My last steam project I worked on took close to 9 months to complete, it was released in December 2018, and I am still averaging 200-300 pounds a month in sales.The contract signed is for 5 years and provides me with a steady income, so I can do other projects and do projects I feel like doing.
I have also worked with other games engines producing assets for them on a freelance basis.

If you intend on getting rich quick forget it. It takes insane amount of work and the tools needed to be able to compete on a professional level is insane.
My workflow tools cost more then the average secondhand small car.

My workflow is as follows and because I am selling content I am often forced to buy commercial licenses for some tools, while free tools can work to some extend nothing beats commercial tools.

Pixplant
Softimage 2012
Toolbag
Photoshop
Quixel
Fragmotion
zbrush
Medusa ( Helps making rocks)
Forester ( helps making trees and plants)
Gimp ( Yes it is free but has some awesome plugins you can't find else where)
Then a large library of steam tools for sprite and 2d game asset tools, 4 or so different game engines.
Bunch of smaller free tools, that helps conversion of models and textures.

I did this for a hobby and spend a good 3-4 years providing free content, before I quit my day job to do this full time, about 5 years ago

Urist

Thinking of doing some photogrammetry, sommer with my cellphone.
Yes, my store account has made about 200k in 4 years.Freelance work close to 500k in the same time. Steam sales for the last year close to 100k.However you don't simply start selling, you have to make a name for your self, quite often you will need to work for free or provide free work and build a rep and gain experience ect. Freelance deadlines are quite tight and often mean 13 -14 hour work days, the UK company I freelance with often, a 2 week project nets about $600 per project.

Once you set up a store account you need to keep uploading content as much as possible.Get rich quick schemes by uploading to already saturated turbo squid is a waste of time.There is money to be made with game ready assets, margins are decent, but you need lots of content.

My last steam project I worked on took close to 9 months to complete, it was released in December 2018, and I am still averaging 200-300 pounds a month in sales.The contract signed is for 5 years and provides me with a steady income, so I can do other projects and do projects I feel like doing.
I have also worked with other games engines producing assets for them on a freelance basis.

If you intend on getting rich quick forget it. It takes insane amount of work and the tools needed to be able to compete on a professional level is insane.
My workflow tools cost more then the average secondhand small car.

My workflow is as follows and because I am selling content I am often forced to buy commercial licenses for some tools, while free tools can work to some extend nothing beats commercial tools.

Pixplant
Softimage 2012
Toolbag
Photoshop
Quixel
Fragmotion
zbrush
Medusa ( Helps making rocks)
Forester ( helps making trees and plants)
Gimp ( Yes it is free but has some awesome plugins you can't find else where)
Then a large library of steam tools for sprite and 2d game asset tools, 4 or so different game engines.
Bunch of smaller free tools, that helps conversion of models and textures.

I did this for a hobby and spend a good 3-4 years providing free content, before I quit my day job to do this full time, about 5 years ago
That's some serious sideline cash, ever thought of becoming an indie developer? So many people just flipping assets and making money.
With this new tech of unreal 5, it seems you just need to take pics of an object from different angles, clean the point cloud and convert it into a high-poly mesh.

wizardofid

Thinking of doing some photogrammetry, sommer with my cellphone.

That's some serious sideline cash, ever thought of becoming an indie developer? So many people just flipping assets and making money.
With this new tech of unreal 5, it seems you just need to take pics of an object from different angles, clean the point cloud and convert it into a high-poly mesh.

Don't have the 2- 3 years time bring out a commercial quality game.

Urist

Don't have the 2- 3 years time bring out a commercial quality game.
I can see that you are proud about your art, and I don't want to know how it feels when some kiddie on steam greenlight flips your assets into a piece of shit terrible game. Money is money though, just sounds like you need a better team to see it through to the big bux. I`m almost 40 years old, 2 years is fuckall

wizardofid

I can see that you are proud about your art, and I don't want to know how it feels when some kiddie on steam greenlight flips your assets into a piece of shit terrible game. Money is money though, just sounds like you need a better team to see it through to the big bux. I`m almost 40 years old, 2 years is fuckall
Yeah 2 years is a lot if you don't work on any thing other then project, with no additional work or income.So I have been trying to set aside money for that, need a bare min of 120k to fund a 2 year project.