Threadkiller

Thor

Noted.

I am thinking of adding a private sub to PW, that is one thing I must admit that I genuinely enjoyed on TC - gives a whole different level of interaction cause everyone is more ... 'relaxed' and opens up to a different kind of content one can divulge in.

GreGorGy

Car in for it's 80k service today. Still paying nothing for services. They just called to say I need new brakes, other than new tires and a shock I've never paid for anything since 2012. Think I might preventatively replace the battery since that is still from 2012 as well and I'm amazed it lasts this long, will likely drop me one cold winter morning.

What car is it?

biometrics

To go out for lunch or not, that has become the question...

Fukk it, I’ll still chance it for now.

biometrics

Gardening done. Refreshed the veggie garden with some new stuff, gotta be ready for C19! J/k I like growing stuff.

I now have:

Spinach
Green pepper
Kale
Sage
Origanum
Tomato
Brussel sprouts (trying this for the first time)
Rosemary
Chilly
Cauliflower
Aubergine
Spring onion
Basil
Thyme
Rocket
Mint
Swiss chard
Cucumber (not getting this right)

Last edited:

Dave

Never tried root veggies. How do you know when to pull them?

I've never done it personally, but from what I remember of what a farmer friend did, you push the soil up around the plants and can pull a bit of soil away to check size.

heres a page with video

Venomous

Gardening done. Refreshed the veggie garden with some new stuff, gotta be ready for C19! J/k I like growing stuff.

I now have:

Spinach
Green pepper
Kale
Sage
Origanum
Tomato
Brussel sprouts (trying this for the first time)
Rosemary
Chilly
Cauliflower
Aubergine
Spring onion
Basil
Thyme
Rocket
Mint
Swiss chard
Cucumber (not getting this right)
Cucumber needs loads of water and grow better on a frame/something to creep on than flat on the ground

biometrics

I went for a quick pint at the Brewery with a mate at midday yesterday.

Woke up this morning.
Lol, I still go there after work in the week. I just eyeball the ppl and sit on my own as I always do.

But admittedly I was at Checkers Liquor in town yesterday and as I reached for a four pack of CBC Amber Weiss the lone cashier sneezed loudly, at a distance I could see he was sick. I retreated without beer and went to Food Lovers in the mall, they have a liquor outlet as well.

One of the Americans from the ship in Japan that got sick and recovered said he lost 25 pounds. That’s similar (or more) than I lost from being in hospital for a week with a near deadly ruptured appendix in 2003. So you can ignore the seriousness of this virus, but I’ll keep a lookout for signs to change my behaviour. Currently I go on as normal.

• Haha
Reactions: Y2K

Spizz

Lol, I still go there after work in the week. I just eyeball the ppl and sit on my own as I always do.

But admittedly I was at Checkers Liquor in town yesterday and as I reached for a four pack of CBC Amber Weiss the lone cashier sneezed loudly, at a distance I could see he was sick. I retreated without beer and went to Food Lovers in the mall, they have a liquor outlet as well.

One of the Americans from the ship in Japan that got sick and recovered said he lost 25 pounds. That’s similar (or more) than I lost from being in hospital for a week with a near deadly ruptured appendix in 2003. So you can ignore the seriousness of this virus, but I’ll keep a lookout for signs to change my behaviour. Currently I go on as normal.

I’ve got a couple of long distance flights on Tuesday. It’ll be interesting to see how the environment is and how people are reacting.

biometrics

I’ve got a couple of long distance flights on Tuesday. It’ll be interesting to see how the environment is and how people are reacting.
When did you fly here and were people wearing masks on board? It's a few weeks later I assume, so yeah will like an update.