Threadkiller

Venomous

V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!v
/licks
Spideyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! :D

Venomous

Glad to hear that the ticker is still ticking over.

Some people get heart damage from COVID.
If they couldn't rehydrate it in 24-36 hrs they would have needed to put me under to go in...

I was - Oh hell no!

Especially after they explained the problem of anesthetia and weak lungs.
LOL even the dentist refused to use drugs saying that while drugs work in mouth now, it will travel through body. Will be bad for your lungs.
And I need 3 doses before its enough.

Could have been worse, but was not fun!

Heart was good when they checked it 20 hrs later :)

Jings

If they couldn't rehydrate it in 24-36 hrs they would have needed to put me under to go in...

I was - Oh hell no!

Especially after they explained the problem of anesthetia and weak lungs.
LOL even the dentist refused to use drugs saying that while drugs work in mouth now, it will travel through body. Will be bad for your lungs.
And I need 3 doses before its enough.

Could have been worse, but was not fun!

Heart was good when they checked it 20 hrs later :)
Sounds to me like you kept threatening your body to start cooperating, or else.

Venomous

Sounds to me like you kept threatening your body to start cooperating, or else.
Who knows.
But dammit it was enough!

I couldn't walk. Physio worked on chest and legs.

Whenever I could I'd either rub or make my legs/feet move. Remember I have a problematic right foot. It was my biggest hurdle to get working before I could stand. Had to work on the ankle and foot to get me to balance. After that I could walk in one place by holding the bed.

Eventually I could use the walker/chair thing (with wheels). They have oxygen bottle on their chair part. Then person holds the handles and walk. Oxygen was important as I was still on many litres of oxygen when I first attempted it.

While I can feel and see I still have a long road of recovery ahead things have improved a lot.

While my arms worked, many actions were not comfortable, and carrying/lifting stuff beyond light weights was near on impossible.
So at first baked bean cans were my weights, then mayo bottles, etc.
I am now just comfortable use the 2KG dumb bells I have. Next I'm working towards the 4KG kettle bell weights I have.

While my lungs don't let me do things for long periods at least I can see that my body strength is improving again. And I'm happy with that.
Walking is much less of a waddle now. I'm still slow, but can walk more. Stairs are still a problem.
Makes breathing difficulties and if high step height then I can't get up it yet.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Jings

Who knows.
But dammit it was enough!

I couldn't walk. Physio worked on chest and legs.

Whenever I could I'd either rub or make my legs/feet move. Remember I have a problematic right foot. It was my biggest hurdle to get working before I could stand. Had to work on the ankle and foot to get me to balance. After that I could walk in one place by holding the bed.

Eventually I could use the walker/chair thing (with wheels). They have oxygen bottle on their chair part. Then person holds the handles and walk. Oxygen was important as I was still on many litres of oxygen when I first attempted it.

While I can feel and see I still have a long road of recovery ahead things have improved a lot.

While my arms worked, many actions were not comfortable, and carrying/lifting stuff beyond light weights was near on impossible.
So at first baked bean cans were my weights, then mayo bottles, etc.
I am now just comfortable use the 2KG dumb bells I have. Next I'm working towards the 4KG kettle bell weights I have.

While my lungs don't let me do things for long periods at least I can see that my body strength is improving again. And I'm happy with that.
Walking is much less of a waddle now. I'm still slow, but can walk more. Stairs are still a problem.
Makes breathing difficulties and if high step height then I can't get up it yet.

Rome wasn't built in a day.
Your recovery so far is really amazing. Sure there's still a long way to GO, but compared to when you were stuck in ICU, there has been significant progress. I can imagine it's been a lot of hard work getting to where you are now.

Venomous

Your recovery so far is really amazing. Sure there's still a long way to GO, but compared to when you were stuck in ICU, there has been significant progress. I can imagine it's been a lot of hard work getting to where you are now.
Even in hospital dr was surprised. Kept calling me a miracle. I though yeah-yeah, sure whatever.
Towards the end of my stay I was moved around, a few times, in general wards.

It gave me a chance to observe many as I was placed with different people in the rooms.
Some had spent multiple weeks (more than me), months, others left and came back with complications. A fair number left either with oxygen or one of those oxygen machines. Ironically most of those people didn't go into high care room, unlike me. Some did ICU for a bit, others just in genl ward. We all seem to heal differently.
And then I realised Dr really was impressed with my healing.

I was told, repeatedly by dr and other staff, that I need to keep in mind that while the goal is to go home without oxygen, that there is a good chance that I'll need to go home with oxygen, for at least a while.
I did all my breathing exercises every hour, if awake, as told and aimed for a few more.
Dr was surprised most days, and reduced oxygen by 1L, twice 2L down. I am so very glad I don't need oxygen as the pipe restricts how far you can move.
And in hospital that kept pissing me off. So I called it a dog leash!

I went home without oxygen and no machine either
:p

Last edited:

Jings

Even in hospital dr was surprised. Kept calling me a miracle. I though yeah-yeah, sure whatever.
Towards the end of my stay I was moved around, a few times, in general wards.

It gave me a chance to observe many as I was placed with different people in the rooms.
Some had spent multiple weeks (more than me), months, others left and came back with complications. A fair number left either with oxygen or one of those oxygen machines. Ironically most of those people didn't go into high care room, unlike me. Some did ICU for a bit, others just in genl ward. We all seem to heal differently.
And then I realised Dr really was impressed with my healing.

I was told, repeatedly by dr and other staff, that I need to keep in mind that while the goal is to go home without oxygen, that there is a good chance that I'll need to go home with oxygen, for at least a while.
I did all my breathing exercises every hour, if awake, as told and aimed for a few more.
Dr was surprised most days, and reduced oxygen by 1L, twice 2L down. I am so very glad I don't need oxygen as the pipe restricts how far you can move.
And in hospital that kept pissing me off. So I called it a dog leash!

I went home without oxygen and no machine either
:p

Glad you're sharing your story. Very heartwarming and inspirational looking back. I can connect with it more than you will ever know.

Hope you continue to keep us updated along your road to recovery.

Venomous

Glad you're sharing your story. Very heartwarming and inspirational looking back. I can connect with it more than you will ever know.

Hope you continue to keep us updated along your road to recovery.
Seems there is a story you can tell…

Venomous

img-20210818-wa0002-jpg.28161

Attachments

• IMG-20210818-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20210818-WA0002.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 29