The totally cool no stress US election thread

R

[)roi(]

Is there anyway to avoid this becoming a right-wing shit-post thread, and perhaps instead attempt civilized discussion?
So typical of the left... you want to ban anything that doesn't fit in with your preferred ideology.
Guess you hate free speech except your own.

biometrics

Is there anyway to avoid this becoming a right-wing shit-post thread, and perhaps instead attempt civilized discussion?
Perhaps we need to split it into two threads:

US Election Chat Thread - NO Articles, URLs or Copy/Paste
US Election Debate Thread - Anything Goes

?

biometrics

No.

As an example the post just above yours is fuck all to do with US politics, let alone the election.
But BLM and the NBA is in the current election news cycle (correctly or not), or what am I missing?

Note: I don't watch most of this stuff.

biometrics

Maybe it needs three separate threads?

US Election chat only
US Election news and articles
USA debate anything
That's a bit much. But a two way split is probably a good idea (chat vs debate). Will think about it...

R

[)roi(]

Perhaps we need to split it into two threads:

US Election Chat Thread - NO Articles, URLs or Copy/Paste
US Election Debate Thread - Anything Goes

?
I'd suggest:
  • Leftist / CNN / MSNBC, etc. opinions on US elections -- I'll skip it. At least that way the brainwashed / communists will feel as if they've banned me.

biometrics

they've banned me
Nobody is getting banned. I'm proposing a splitting of this topic. Some people like a debate & argue kind of thread, whereas others hate it and just want to talk about it casually. So I propose two threads: debate vs chat threads.

R

[)roi(]

Nobody is getting banned. I'm proposing a splitting of this topic. Some people like a debate & argue kind of thread, whereas others hate it and just want to talk about it casually. So I propose two threads: debate vs chat threads.
Make the thread -- a leftist / communist perspective... they don't like opinions but their own. As I said I won't participate in that thread, Anything related to US election I'll join except that.

Should appeal to @Dave who has had the communist symbol for a while.

biometrics

Make the thread -- a leftist / communist perspective... they don't like opinions bu their own. As I said I won't participate in that thread, Anything related to US election I'll join except that.

Should appeal to @Dave who has had the communist symbol for a whgile.
Something like? ;)

US Election Chat Thread - NO Articles, URLs or Copy/Paste (lefty commy scum)
US Election Debate Thread - Anything Goes (good shit)

R

[)roi(]

Something like? ;)

US Election Chat Thread - NO Articles, URLs or Copy/Paste (lefty commy scum)
US Election Debate Thread - Anything Goes (good shit)
Call it "lefty commy scum" and I'll guarantee you that I'll never join. ;)

You do realize how stupid this is. If only people could be civil, then I wouldn't need to block anyone, and the communists may learn a thing -- I'm certainly open to opposing views if it excludes the insults. Some I think are too juvenile for that.

dabean

We can debate it; if you're able to put your preconceived prejudice aside.
Society is afterall a reflection of those who govern it; and government is a reflection of those who elect it -- a vicious cycle that can embellish the worst traits of mankind -- and NO it has nothing to do with race.
Dude. Society is your peers.

Some of us respect your other skills. Maybe take a step back and look what you're doing.