The long story

Sonikku

Because @Baxteen asked:

This was the day I was made persona non grata on that shill forum:
1697701882582.png

The cause of the ban:
1697701923166.png
So after that I decided to just get off the internet and not engage with people anymore. Stopped speaking to people from MyBB on WhatsApp, just basically turned inwards, pushed to have my ink finished which in the end led to an argument at home so I decided to get done what I can and call it a day. Then other stuff happened:

Botched Emigration- Three stories:
Story #1

In November 2022 I was approached by a company in New Zealand via a recruiter. They are the equivalent of VeriFone in the US and Ingenico in the EU.
Since I am one of the experts in SA in EMV, I ticked all the boxes. First week of January I did an interview with the recruiter. Mid January did an interview with the directors via Teams. Early in February I did a second interview via Teams with the IT Team leader. His verdict was I was a good fit, and the feedback the recruiter got was that I am at the offer stage. At that point we had dumped assets, cleaned out much of the house, had spent a not insignificant sum of money on police clearances and medicals and spent many hours at Home Affairs getting passports renewed and other necessary documentation.

March rolls around, nothing...
I was then informed just before Easter weekend that the job was withdrawn. I was not amused. My family were upset, my wife took it hard.. you get the idea.

Story #2
I didn't sit idle, in April already I met another recruiter via LinkedIn, for a position in The Netherlands. Again, I put my best foot forward and did two interviews via Teams. Then they told me after that they were pretty happy but wanted to have me on trial for a week. All expenses paid, I just needed to get all my stuff together for a Schengen visa. So off I goes, print the paperwork, start doing the application... but I need the document from them for the visa to state they are paying my expenses.
Again, silence. I ask them repeatedly for it...
Recruiter dude comes back to me towards end of May and says "sorry but it's not going to happen, this is all too high risk". I was particularly offended by the high risk part so I spent some money having myself investigated i.e. the equivalent of what the Americans call a FOIA request, to see what the fuck they're on about.
I have no criminal record, nor any fines on my name, nor any other issues. Credit record is shit because I am a cash payer... but hell, Capitec are offering me loans and telemarketers are pestering me. So that's all I can see...

Story #3
August comes- I see another person from that same recruitment outfit messaged me on LinkedIn long ago, so I decide to try him, just for shits and giggles.
So I told him all the above and how I have been fucked around. No problem. Also made my age very clear as some Dutch people have issues if you're over 30. Again, no problem.
He tells me, all is good, need to wait for summer vacations to be over and then he will revert with feedback.
Feedback came yesterday. Company needs my skills but because I am not fluent in Dutch, answer is no.
So I've basically come to realise I am stuck in SA, and I then took one of the loan offers from my bank and did two things:

1. Got a decent generator because Fuck Eskom
2. Bought tools and started my own company

Short term goal: find another job in SA because my current gig sucks
Long Term goal: become serious competition to the likes of BotShop, Micro Robotics cc and others

Sonikku

They will toss you aside when it suits them. I joined in Aug 2003 and had 70,000 posts when I was banned in 2020.
I wasn't aware you were banned, apologies. That place has a long history of banning people for silly things.

Baxteen

I was never banned. no idea how.

joined 2013 and only had like 17K posts.
still go there from time to time. the Russia OKR, and Cricket world cup threads are decent. but I have close to 200 users on ignore.
Sucks about the recruitment issues @Sonikku I got the process started myself in December 2019 and then 100% stopped in 2020. decided to let the world calm down a bit. feb 2022 I started again and stopped it by the end of Feb 2022 thanks to vlad the House elf.
now I have a 5 year goal here in SA. and I will look at moving again after that. will put me at 43 when I want to move but I have no house and no kids holding me down only a Wife that already has an EU passport.
I am just curious as to why you started the dumping of assets before you had a signed offer.
Story 2 and 3 kind of make sense and you were 100% in the right and got screwed over. story 1 you were only 90% in the right but still got screwed over.

Sonikku

I am just curious as to why you started the dumping of assets before you had a signed offer.
Needed the cash to pay for the medicals and visas. The company was going to pay for the move, that's what I didn't mention. We had some money left over, so when the second attempt fell through we took that money and bought a new bed because we urgently needed a new one.

DA-LION-619

Since I am one of the experts in SA in EMV,
I’ve found job hunting within a niche problematic, as it’s where recruiters are most used.

Sooo not paulmurkin on Mybb then? 🤣
Please provide the context for the joke, haven’t been on there for a while after they went a bit overboard with the clickbait tech articles that was incorrect to the source material just to increase engagement rather than constructive discussion.

Moosedrool

I’ve found job hunting within a niche problematic, as it’s where recruiters are most used.

Please provide the context for the joke, haven’t been on there for a while after they went a bit overboard with the clickbait tech articles that was incorrect to the source material just to increase engagement rather than constructive discussion.

Years ago last time I heard of @Sonikku was on a telegram group he ran. Said he’s leaving all the stuff for a while and artyloop’s alias stopped posting.

Had a couple of strange obscure discord posts from random accounts including a dude blaming me for getting some account that’s just a number banned.

Only a week or so a dude popped up on mybb with constant harrasment with a tone similar to artyloop’s final posts on a thread I made. Basically libel at random intervals every now and then. Just weird ass creepy stuff.

Sonikku

FYI I am on Discord, but all the accounts I had back in the day have been deleted.
We have had an incident of someone posing as me, wreaking havoc and trolling a particular Sonic Discord channel.
Imagine their surprise when I joined their Discord to set the record straight
But Discord themselves sorted that out, I didn't hear anything further.
This is my current account
1697717510732.png

I haven't been on Telegram in ages.. I deleted it along with all the accounts when I decided to call it a day.
I have an account mainly to chat with one client and my boss

Baxteen

I am sad to have to use whatsapop for work. makes me very angry. managed to avoid it for 9 years and I was only on telegram for so long.
still believe it is the better platform but stubborn people refuse to move and everyone is so addicted to meta products its pointless to try and get them off it.

Sonikku

I am sad to have to use whatsapop for work. makes me very angry. managed to avoid it for 9 years and I was only on telegram for so long.
still believe it is the better platform but stubborn people refuse to move and everyone is so addicted to meta products its pointless to try and get them off it.
I have cut the cord fortunately. The chat with my boss on Telegram is a private chat- we share similar views on the company we are slaves at, and we also have similar interests (3D printing etc...)

Baxteen

I have cut the cord fortunately. The chat with my boss on Telegram is a private chat- we share similar views on the company we are slaves at, and we also have similar interests (3D printing etc...)
nice. my little team is hardly on whatsapp. when something for the bigger team is posted like how many hot dogs people want at the braai tommorow I have to send a teams to most of my team to go vote! team of 5. the youngest 2 never check whatsapp. Oldest hardly checks it but usuauly does not stay for the braai on friday so it doesnt matter. so that leaves me and the other guy who do check and then I need to teams the other 2.
strange how the younger people are moving away from whatsapp and the older generation is moving more into it.
no point in getting them into telegram though they wont use it just like they dont use whatsapp now.

Sonikku

WhatsApp has serious privacy issues, this is why I don't use it for anything sensitive i.e. company info, etc..