The home betterment thread

slayer

Let's post our home betterment questions, advice and bragging here...

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

slayer

Started with my garage organization project yesterday.. back third of the garage is getting wrap around shelving..

dc745412f9050b2395a02374c6c6a970.jpg

81187b47e009c526162c2203f7d41e39.jpg

Did get a little further than the last pic, with the first support for the shelves going on and the rest of the wood for it also cut and drilled as needed..

Aiming to be done tomorrow evening..

Papa Smurf

i did mine a few years back, painted the walls white first, massive difference as my garage doesnt have electricity so its lit up nicely now when i open the door (y)

slayer

Progress for the day.. had to make a run for some more wood when I realized I miscalculated..

d5fc1ea683345deb54caa406e36e29e8.jpg

29eafd40029039aabb4b69f2b72dcb03.jpg

Tribs

Progress for the day.. had to make a run for some more wood when I realized I miscalculated..

d5fc1ea683345deb54caa406e36e29e8.jpg

29eafd40029039aabb4b69f2b72dcb03.jpg

I assume you have a low or small car :D
Nice - I need to do this in my garage

slayer

3 cars and there is not enough space to get one car in the garage without the other in the driveway being moved, so I expropriated the garage as my workshop and decided to put in ample storage space while I am at it..

Rudolph Hart

Cars? In the garage? No way! I’ve got a three car garage with a single garage sized room o the end and some storage rooms at the back, just a shade under 100 square metres all told. And the cars park under the carport.

Jings

Anyone know what is the best cement, sand, water ratio for making stepping stones?

biometrics

Too busy growing plants, I guess.
I bought stepping stones for the back from our nursery. Was like R15 a stone I think.

At the moment I'm letting things grow wild. I'm waiting for some cash injection then I'm going to fit out my greenhouse with planter boxes and start again with veggies, herbs and some weed. I'm done with outdoor growing, the pests are too much. Rocket is growing wild in various places around the house, got some basil, thyme and rosemary still.

Jings

I bought stepping stones for the back from our nursery. Was like R15 a stone I think.

At the moment I'm letting things grow wild. I'm waiting for some cash injection then I'm going to fit out my greenhouse with planter boxes and start again with veggies, herbs and some weed. I'm done with outdoor growing, the pests are too much. Rocket is growing wild in various places around the house, got some basil, thyme and rosemary still.

This is Gauteng, proper stepping stones are over R100 each. Got the sand and cement to make stepping stones and pots for less than R200.

Plants can be grown all year round in greenhouses so you're quite lucky. My garden is not large enough for a proper greenhouse.

biometrics

This is Gauteng, proper stepping stones are over R100 each. Got the sand and cement to make stepping stones and pots for less than R200.

Plants can be grown all year round in greenhouses so you're quite lucky. My garden is not large enough for a proper greenhouse.
It's a small one (1.85m wide x 2.1m high x 2.45m long), got it in 2012 when it was quite a bit cheaper:

spiderz

I'm still planning on a building a greenhouse at some stage.
Busy sorting out the water supply to the front of the house, then I'm going to try some raised beddings this year.
If that works, i'll build the greenhouse over that.

Jings

It's a small one (1.85m wide x 2.1m high x 2.45m long), got it in 2012 when it was quite a bit cheaper:

Looks like a good one but going to have to find something even smaller for the back. It will just fit in the front garden but it's not enclosed. Don't want nosy neighbours to invite themselves to take cuttings from Sally. I noticed suspiciously the familiar looking succulents in the neighbours gardens after bits of mine went missing.

But there's a bit of time till winter so not rushing for the greenhouse just yet.