The Chat Room

satanboy

is that twenty two rand and forty cents or is that twenty two thousandfour hundred rand and zero cents?
for reference we use coma to indicate thousands and a decimal point to separate rands from cents.
more common practice is just to use a space or nothing.
Oops typo
fixed

biometrics

official standard for South Africa is the same as England and the EU. being R1,234.56

I believe the Germans used it the other way around so R1.234,56 but that has been changed and they are also standard now they are on the Euro might have been the Dutch or the Spanish I cant remember

Americans use a space so R1 234.56 so that is becoming more accepted world wide.
personally I say leave the currency symbol our and leave out spaces and commas as well. that way when I import it there are fewer issues.
and on a related note, remember to always use a Comma in your password because when it eventually gets hacked the CSV will likely be comma delimited so your password will be broken up into two records.
See what the SA regional setting is on a new Windows install. It’s a comma decimal. I always change it.

biometrics

remember to always use a Comma in your password because when it eventually gets hacked the CSV will likely be comma delimited so your password will be broken up into two records.
If your passwords are stored in the clear then you shouldn’t use such a poorly designed product. Passwords must be salted and one way hashed.

biometrics

Broker = higher premium and fixed excess (broker has relationship so claim risk is lower with a lower policy cancelation rate so excess cost can be a fixed amount)
feels obvious to think about now but I never considered it
Only way I insure.

Baxteen

If your passwords are stored in the clear then you shouldn’t use such a poorly designed product. Passwords must be salted and one way hashed.
the way I see it is your password is going to get comprimised by some or other site.
that is why you should never re-use the password.
but even then you add a comma to the password and now the entire file after your password entry is messded up so you are not doing it to protect onloy your own password but also to protect all the other passwords that were comprimised after

biometrics

the way I see it is your password is going to get comprimised by some or other site.
but even then you add a comma to the password and now the entire file after your password entry is messded up so you are not doing it to protect onloy your own password but also to protect all the other passwords that were comprimised after
ChatGPT says:

Commas in CSV files are typically treated as delimiters, separating different fields within a row. If a field itself contains a comma, it's often enclosed in double quotes to distinguish it from the delimiter. For example:

```
Name, Age, "City, Country"
John, 25, "New York, USA"
```

In this example, "City, Country" is a single field, even though it contains a comma.

Rouxenator

I just bought a few metres of bull denim for the SO to make a work apron for me. I somehow forget to change into old clothes when I’m heading into the workshop. Often just go in to check something and come out a few hours later having ruined a new shirt or pair of pants. Luckily my domestic is a genius at getting stains out.

Hopefully with an apron hanging there I’ll be more inclined to protect my clothing - schlepping back to the house to change somehow isn’t a viable option.
WhatsApp Prent 2024-04-16 om 19.48.32_8c15732c.jpg

Baxteen

ChatGPT says:

Commas in CSV files are typically treated as delimiters, separating different fields within a row. If a field itself contains a comma, it's often enclosed in double quotes to distinguish it from the delimiter. For example:

```
Name, Age, "City, Country"
John, 25, "New York, USA"
```

In this example, "City, Country" is a single field, even though it contains a comma.
yes this is the case if the CSV is willingly given.
if a site is comprimised the Passwords will be extracted as a data dump, and then most likely shared as a CSV. this is how it has been done with all the large password leaks and breaches for the past few years.

also remember ChatGPT is supposed to SOUND right. not be right.

that does not mean it is wrong. like in this case what it says is correct but not for the specific use case of a compromised password data dump.
chat GPT is a fun toy to play with. but if you need information, you google it and find multiple sources that tell you the same thing. and then you phraze your question in a different way and google it again. so you can find the truth between all the drivel on the internet. sadly ChatGPT does not have that ability.
I am sure you can get chatGPT to tell you that the earth is flat if you ask the prompt correctly.

DA-LION-619

This is why I use two @ symbols in my email, it stops the spam.

Rudolph Hart

Just went for a Sunday drive. Got home and checked my messages, and i had an SMS from Vodacom welcoming me to Lesotho.

IMG_2159.jpeg