The Chat Room

Sinbad

Yeah, the main power amplifier in that image is a McIntosh. Those go for R300k+, the cheapest one is R120k.
So I can logically conclude that whole setup is around R1.5m.
Law of diminishing returns is a bitch
Audiophiles don't use their equipment to listen to music.
They use music to listen to their equipment.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Sonikku

Audiophiles don't use their equipment to listen to music.
They use music to listen to their equipment.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Audiophiles are like others I've met actually... Actually its a big dick measuring contest and those shouting the loudest about technical things they have no idea about. Radio Amateurs also do that, except their lust object is a Kenwood transceiver that retails for around R60k

Rudolph Hart

Audiophiles are like others I've met actually... Actually its a big dick measuring contest and those shouting the loudest about technical things they have no idea about. Radio Amateurs also do that, except their lust object is a Kenwood transceiver that retails for around R60k
I think just about every hobby has some guys who lust after the expensive, top of the range equipment. Then there are the guys that achieve amazing results with the most basic equipment. Those are the one to seek out and learn from.

Sonikku

I think just about every hobby has some guys who lust after the expensive, top of the range equipment. Then there are the guys that achieve amazing results with the most basic equipment. Those are the one to seek out and learn from.
I've stopped doing that because every time I do, it ends up in people resenting me or looking for a fight, with maybe 1-2 then trying hard to be friends (the ones that didn't do the arguing/fighting/resenting usually). That's why my YouTube channel is dormant and why I couldn't be bothered anymore

Nicholas

And lust I do. Fantasy builds ftw. 😁

Then there are those with top of the range smartphones who use them for instant messaging and making calls. :p

Sonikku

Then there are those with top of the range smartphones who use them for instant messaging and making calls. :p
that would be the general dumb public who are typically South African. They have the phone as a status symbol and need to be seen with it in the malls to validate themselves. Compensation for a very shallow and useless interior. Same can be said of Fortuner drivers, these days the BMW is seen as a burden because of it's high repair costs and propensity to blow an engine.

EADC

that would be the general dumb public who are typically South African. They have the phone as a status symbol and need to be seen with it in the malls to validate themselves. Compensation for a very shallow and useless interior. Same can be said of Fortuner drivers, these days the BMW is seen as a burden because of it's high repair costs and propensity to blow an engine.

Why is everyone who doesn't live the way you live dumb?