The Chat Room

scudsucker

I would be a road hazard. Not confident that I would get through the driver's test - driving instructor would be traumatised. That's if I can remember enough of what is in the K53 book to get a learner's license. 😧
That shit is easy. Read the book. Pass the test. Drive real slow and check all the mirrors every two to five seconds. Check blind spots before putting the indicator on, then check blind spots just before turning.

Keep both hands on the wheel at the 10:20 position. Never cross your arms. Never use just your palm on the wheel.

Don't touch the clutch unless you are changing gears.

If you can already drive, it is still worth paying an instructor for a couple of lessons. The testers stick with extreme K53, plus a bunch of other shit.

Oddly I was allowed to do the test barefoot. That is illegal in Zim, where I got my first license.

When I passed I bought my instructor a bottle of brandy, he was a really lekker guy who had retired from being a traffic cop.

He probably started drinking it on his way home... he was that kind of guy.

Arzy

Going with falconer, only level 13 now.

I'm taking it very relaxed though, basically just a wind down at the end of the day for an hour or so.

Nicholas

Is that a ranged or melee combat character? I often play CRPGs as a magic user [Dragon Age: Origins was an exception].

Rudolph Hart

Oddly I was allowed to do the test barefoot. That is illegal in Zim, where I got my first license.
It’s been well over forty years since I did mine, but I think I remember that driving barefoot was allowed, but driving with sandals was not.

scudsucker

As all of Japan is fucking weird, they made an attempt to ban driving in seriously high platform heels after a few deaths.

Like, really? Do you NEED 25 cm high platform shoes????

Nicholas

Is there such a thing as overthinking your overthinking in the sense of wondering whether using your interpretation of your feelings about something to make a decision is a valid or useful way to resolve something?

for example:
Koos thinks about repainting the walls of his lounge. Internal dialogue Koos isn't excited about the prospect and isn't bending over backwards to make it happen. Koos thinks that this means that he should forget about the project.

Nicholas

My brother and I used to try to perform short "plays" for our parents when I was in junior primary school. Mostly, I dragged the poor guy into it and tried to make him follow my directions. Rehearsals weren't a thing. [For as long as they would humour us, I suppose.] We would sometimes wear my mother's shoes and borrow her handbag

Baxteen

coming to the office today was a mistake.
I am not ready yet. I am going to go home and rest more. will do some work later this afternoon

scudsucker

My only objection would be having to spend money on women's clothing.
When I was much younger, and much skinnier, I obtained a primary school girls dress (one piece, pink) and wore that to a drunken party.

It was around R20, I think. Tight fit.