The Chat Room

biometrics

I was in a small accident yesterday.
Cunt in a Fortuna came out of a side street across 2 lanes of traffic. I slammed on brakes and slid.

missed his tow bar by about 3cm. if I hit that it would have been with my head and 100% would have been dead.

he did not stop he just carried on driving.
I was stopped dead at a red robot and went over the road and he was about 150m from where I was stopped so I was not speeding. not even doing 40 yet.

Bike is badly damaged being accessed by the insurance now should head back about how bad the damage is next week.
Right side of the bike has scratches and brake leaver was damaged and broken. I suspect between R12K and R20K damage to the bike.
as for me? slow crashes are worse than high speed crashes (when you walk away from both)
I fell bounced 3 times and rolled. each bounce I landed right hip then right shoulder.
I have nasty roasties on my shoulder and hip.
Helmet is fucked. I need a new one.
I was wearing riding boots and that is why my right ankle is not broken, I can feel it bent back quite far and the shin mustle is very sore.
if I was not wearing easy over pants my right knee would also likely have a break in it as I have a roastie on it but that was from the inside of the pads in the pants.
So helmet saved my life.
Jacket saved my shoulder from being dislocated.
Pants saved me from a broken knee.
Riding boots saved me from a broken ankle.

Always wear all the gear.
No questions. no exceptions.

I was heading to the garage that was about 200m from where I fell. I was 1.8km from my house.

View attachment 39972View attachment 39973View attachment 39974

View attachment 39975
Not to minimise your experience, but maybe time for a car? You will always be at more risk on a bike no matter how much protection you wear.

Baxteen

yeah me too. could have been a lot worse.
its one of those times where something I always say rings true.
any ride could be your last. you can die at any time though no fault of your own.

Tribs

I was in a small accident yesterday.
Cunt in a Fortuna came out of a side street across 2 lanes of traffic. I slammed on brakes and slid.

missed his tow bar by about 3cm. if I hit that it would have been with my head and 100% would have been dead.

he did not stop he just carried on driving.
I was stopped dead at a red robot and went over the road and he was about 150m from where I was stopped so I was not speeding. not even doing 40 yet.

Bike is badly damaged being accessed by the insurance now should head back about how bad the damage is next week.
Right side of the bike has scratches and brake leaver was damaged and broken. I suspect between R12K and R20K damage to the bike.
as for me? slow crashes are worse than high speed crashes (when you walk away from both)
I fell bounced 3 times and rolled. each bounce I landed right hip then right shoulder.
I have nasty roasties on my shoulder and hip.
Helmet is fucked. I need a new one.
I was wearing riding boots and that is why my right ankle is not broken, I can feel it bent back quite far and the shin mustle is very sore.
if I was not wearing easy over pants my right knee would also likely have a break in it as I have a roastie on it but that was from the inside of the pads in the pants.
So helmet saved my life.
Jacket saved my shoulder from being dislocated.
Pants saved me from a broken knee.
Riding boots saved me from a broken ankle.

Always wear all the gear.
No questions. no exceptions.

I was heading to the garage that was about 200m from where I fell. I was 1.8km from my house.

View attachment 39972View attachment 39973View attachment 39974

View attachment 39975
Oh wow that is hectic and scary. Glad you made it.

Arzy

Kinda feeling that I need to get lost in a game again for a couple of months. Nothing really new or AAA. Just something that eats away the hours and days.

Something like that Ultima Online server Justae used to run. Still have good memories from those times.

Sinbad

Kinda feeling that I need to get lost in a game again for a couple of months. Nothing really new or AAA. Just something that eats away the hours and days.

Something like that Ultima Online server Justae used to run. Still have good memories from those times.
Last epoch
Or helldivers 2

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

biometrics

The middle part of the Hermanus Cliff Path which has been unavailable forever. Development was resisted by the rich for years. Their case was recently overturned in court. Now it is being constructed. You previously had to go to Main rd and walk a km to reconnect with the path. This will now be such an epic 11km continuous walk, can't wait.

The 800m in question:

1709318181525.png

Last edited:

Arzy

Well 2/6 weeks done for phase 1 of the offsprings new diet. It's getting more manageable and we're getting into a routine but I won't say it's easy.

On the positive the little guy has put on over 3kg's now. Has a lot more energy. Color is better and some other positives.

The missus and I have both lost 2-3kg's and are developing a dislike for cooking but it's fine. Amazing to have a kid again that's basically hungry all the time and then actually eats.

Should get approval for the long term treatment this week and then we'll see the Dr again.

Arzy

Did PoE for a time. Enjoy it but I don't have time for that level of detail.

Started Last Epoch last night

Baxteen

so 3 days of recovery.
I started being able to walk up the stairs (to the bathroom) unaided on Friday afternoon. post a shower and Catoflam.
hip is much better and no longer the main point of issue.
now it is the tightness of the skin around the shoulder. but that is part of the healing process. it will always be tight in the mornings. but a combination of Zink cream and "lolipop ointment" is what is doing the bulk of the work. along with some Gentian violet to dry out the scabs while I sleep.
I should be able to wear a shirt tomorrow. and I should be in the office by Wednesday.
for now. Catoflam and bed rest is the way to go outside of wound care.
and for the first time in my life I am thinking about learing to drive a car. I think that needs to go on the to do list for this year.
fuck it I will get my licence this year, even if it is in an automatic.

scudsucker

If you ride a bike, you can drive a car. Conceptually they are identical. Steering, brakes, gear, clutch, acceleration. Just different arrangements.

biometrics

so 3 days of recovery.
I started being able to walk up the stairs (to the bathroom) unaided on Friday afternoon. post a shower and Catoflam.
hip is much better and no longer the main point of issue.
now it is the tightness of the skin around the shoulder. but that is part of the healing process. it will always be tight in the mornings. but a combination of Zink cream and "lolipop ointment" is what is doing the bulk of the work. along with some Gentian violet to dry out the scabs while I sleep.
I should be able to wear a shirt tomorrow. and I should be in the office by Wednesday.
for now. Catoflam and bed rest is the way to go outside of wound care.
and for the first time in my life I am thinking about learing to drive a car. I think that needs to go on the to do list for this year.
fuck it I will get my licence this year, even if it is in an automatic.
Just get an automatic, really easy.

satanboy

Stick shift car = You may struggle the first few times. Pulling away from a stop, changing gears etc.
Auto car = easy

Nicholas

I have never even tried to learn to drive a car.
I would be a road hazard. Not confident that I would get through the driver's test - driving instructor would be traumatised. That's if I can remember enough of what is in the K53 book to get a learner's license. 😧