The Chat Room

Nicholas

I grew up in Boksburg. and even people in Boksburg look down on Belville as a Kommin plek.
Belville is up there with Danville, Brakpan and the Bluff as places where the splat stickers are still on cars and Brake fluid used on hair to create highlights still happens.
I see you didn't mention Benoni. Too posh?

satanboy

I grew up in Boksburg. and even people in Boksburg look down on Belville as a Kommin plek.
Belville is up there with Danville, Brakpan and the Bluff as places where the splat stickers are still on cars and Brake fluid used on hair to create highlights still happens.
Bellville: R 37 000 000

Baxteen

I see you didn't mention Benoni. Too posh?
Benoni is actually the most "posh" of the cities in that area.
Benoni was always just a little less komin. too exspensive in general.
Boksburg had the range. Cheap dodgy areas (Boksburg North) and pricy classy areas (Sunward Park)
Benoni had a few dodgy areas out in the small holdings side but that was never cheap.
Brakpan was kind of the opposite, it had a few expensive houses but mostly it was just all dodgy areas.
Springs was again Balanced wiht some dodge and some nicer areas.

Baxteen

Bellville: R 37 000 000
Congrats.
someone in the area charged too much.
feels like this video:
Value is made up
also it is factual to say that property in the western cape is over priced compared to the rest of the country.

Baxteen

Not at all. Bellville is a large area covering homes from R1.7m to R37m
so similar to Boksburg and Springs then.
only in Boksburg and springs the floor is like 400K and the ceiling is like 25M not going to bother to actually look it up though

Sonikku

Benoni is actually the most "posh" of the cities in that area.
Benoni was always just a little less komin. too exspensive in general.
Boksburg had the range. Cheap dodgy areas (Boksburg North) and pricy classy areas (Sunward Park)
Benoni had a few dodgy areas out in the small holdings side but that was never cheap.
Brakpan was kind of the opposite, it had a few expensive houses but mostly it was just all dodgy areas.
Springs was again Balanced wiht some dodge and some nicer areas.
You are actually right. Springs was balanced in the 80s though, but in the early 2000s it was worse than the worst of Kempton.

Baxteen

You are actually right. Springs was balanced in the 80s though, but in the early 2000s it was worse than the worst of Kempton.
it balanced out quickly again from mid 2000's to late 2010's then a big exodus happened and the area dropped massively.
Kempton has always been balanced and even now houses close to the CBD are going for 1.3 mil and houses in nicer areas like Glen Maris going for more but still in a normal range well below the 4Mil range.

I have a friend who sold a place in Spartan in 2021 for 1.3mil
and a Friend who sold his place in Glen Marais for 3.2Mil this year.

Rudolph Hart

One of my claims to fame is being thrown out of the Boksburg North Hotel three times in one night.

We were a group of friends and got chucked out the men’s bar because of some disagreement with one of the locals (I have no idea what the disagreement was about, but I’m sure we were right and he was wrong). We went around to the ladies bar and things went OK for a while but we must have chirped someone and eventually got told to leave. So we went out and sat in the ‘lounge’ (actually just the hallway with some lounge type furniture. We were (I’m sure) behaving in an exemplary manner when along came the manager and suddenly we were banned for the entire place. Luckily we weren’t local, so we didn’t really care about the ban.

Upon sobering up later in the weekend we realised that we had scored a fairly unique hat-trick.

Rudolph Hart

Springs wasn’t too bad in the ‘60s and ‘70s. Had a couple of rough areas but was mostly blue-collar suburban.

Baxteen

One of my claims to fame is being thrown out of the Boksburg North Hotel three times in one night.

We were a group of friends and got chucked out the men’s bar because of some disagreement with one of the locals (I have no idea what the disagreement was about, but I’m sure we were right and he was wrong). We went around to the ladies bar and things went OK for a while but we must have chirped someone and eventually got told to leave. So we went out and sat in the ‘lounge’ (actually just the hallway with some lounge type furniture. We were (I’m sure) behaving in an exemplary manner when along came the manager and suddenly we were banned for the entire place. Luckily we weren’t local, so we didn’t really care about the ban.

Upon sobering up later in the weekend we realised that we had scored a fairly unique hat-trick.
Jesus fucking Christ mate.
you got kicked out of the bar that served the whore house then went to the whore house and did not pick a lady of the night and got kicked out for that. and then you got kicked out of the area where young blokes hang out trying to work up the courage to go to the whore house?
and it was known to be a whore house all the way back in 1992. I know because a 6 year old me heard that being discussed and asked why there were people from the bible at the hotel. my only exposure to the term Whore was from Church so it was a bible profession. I remember how much my parents laughed when I asked them that.

Rudolph Hart

Jesus fucking Christ mate.
you got kicked out of the bar that served the whore house then went to the whore house and did not pick a lady of the night and got kicked out for that. and then you got kicked out of the area where young blokes hang out trying to work up the courage to go to the whore house?
and it was known to be a whore house all the way back in 1992. I know because a 6 year old me heard that being discussed and asked why there were people from the bible at the hotel. my only exposure to the term Whore was from Church so it was a bible profession. I remember how much my parents laughed when I asked them that.
Not sure if it was a whorehouse in 1982, but it definitely was as dodgy as fuck. We weren’t looking for whores, just wanted somewhere to have a few (more) beers.

Baxteen

Not sure if it was a whorehouse in 1982, but it definitely was as dodgy as fuck. We weren’t looking for whores, just wanted somewhere to have a few (more) beers.
I am willing to Hazard a guess that it was already a whore house, just slightly less obvious that it was one. it was a different time.

Baxteen

I was in a small accident yesterday.
Cunt in a Fortuna came out of a side street across 2 lanes of traffic. I slammed on brakes and slid.

missed his tow bar by about 3cm. if I hit that it would have been with my head and 100% would have been dead.

he did not stop he just carried on driving.
I was stopped dead at a red robot and went over the road and he was about 150m from where I was stopped so I was not speeding. not even doing 40 yet.

Bike is badly damaged being accessed by the insurance now should head back about how bad the damage is next week.
Right side of the bike has scratches and brake leaver was damaged and broken. I suspect between R12K and R20K damage to the bike.
as for me? slow crashes are worse than high speed crashes (when you walk away from both)
I fell bounced 3 times and rolled. each bounce I landed right hip then right shoulder.
I have nasty roasties on my shoulder and hip.
Helmet is fucked. I need a new one.
I was wearing riding boots and that is why my right ankle is not broken, I can feel it bent back quite far and the shin mustle is very sore.
if I was not wearing easy over pants my right knee would also likely have a break in it as I have a roastie on it but that was from the inside of the pads in the pants.
So helmet saved my life.
Jacket saved my shoulder from being dislocated.
Pants saved me from a broken knee.
Riding boots saved me from a broken ankle.

Always wear all the gear.
No questions. no exceptions.

I was heading to the garage that was about 200m from where I fell. I was 1.8km from my house.

1709306921912.png1709306940486.png1709306954984.png

1709306982892.png