The Chat Room

Sonikku

Nice weekend indeed.
Today I went and handed back the last of the shit at my old job. Nothing of theirs left behind. They tried to insist that I still have the laptop... anyway I told them to please phone the technical director he has got the laptop. Wouldn't let me even into the building, had to phone the one colleague I wanted to say goodbye to, to tell him to come outside so we met in the parking lot.

New batteries installed on the inverter, so hopefully now less fuel burnt to keep the power on.

satanboy

I dont hate AC/DC.
I do think they fucking suck and are not worth all the hype.
Back in black, Highway to hell thunderstruck all sound so similar that you can play one and sing the lyrics to the other and no one would blink.
you can swap lyrics, Drums and Guitar around on any of the songs and it would still sound the same.
and while many bands have a similar sound across all music it is VERY rare that they are that interchangeable.
maybe you can do 2 songs that are interchangeable by one artist but they wont be quite that bad where you can swap out one song's drums with another song's drums and the song still works. and usually guitar or Bass will just completely mess up if you change them. but AC/DC is just one song. everything is just one song.
You sound like a religious nut trying to convince us to become Christian.

Rudolph Hart

Bloody lawnmower ate the new belt I put in a couple of months ago. The problem is that the deck needs a complete overhaul, blades, bearings, even the deck itself is stuffed. It’s also missing some components - covers and brakes mainly. So I got a quote for a complete new deck from the local John Deere agents of R17 500. That’s more than I paid for the mower a few years ago (admittedly second hand). I’ll probably buy it, and strip the old one for parts in the future.

Sonikku

Bloody lawnmower ate the new belt I put in a couple of months ago. The problem is that the deck needs a complete overhaul, blades, bearings, even the deck itself is stuffed. It’s also missing some components - covers and brakes mainly. So I got a quote for a complete new deck from the local John Deere agents of R17 500. That’s more than I paid for the mower a few years ago (admittedly second hand). I’ll probably buy it, and strip the old one for parts in the future.
I like how you think about stuff.. like this.

Baxteen

You sound like a religious nut trying to convince us to become Christian.
dude, shit music is shit music. AC/DC, Ghost, Maroon 5, Imagine Dragons are a few examples of bad music with too much hype.
just to give a nice contrast here is some examples of amazing music that is worth the Hype:
Dimmu Borgir. Wet Leg, Iron Maiden, Post Malone.
Good music is good music even if its not something that I normally listen to if a song is good its good. take Anti hero by Talor Swift. fantastic song. I dont like her music but a good song is a good song.

Sonikku

dude, shit music is shit music. AC/DC, Ghost, Maroon 5, Imagine Dragons are a few examples of bad music with too much hype.
just to give a nice contrast here is some examples of amazing music that is worth the Hype:
Dimmu Borgir. Wet Leg, Iron Maiden, Post Malone.
Good music is good music even if its not something that I normally listen to if a song is good its good. take Anti hero by Talor Swift. fantastic song. I dont like her music but a good song is a good song.
AC/DC is good music.
The others, like Maroon 5 and all the Top 40 these days can go straight to the garbage bin. ProTools kids- can't even play an instrument or read musical notation but their shit sells, because the record execs are so high on cocaine most of the time they'll even sell their mothers for the next fix

EADC

AC/DC is good music.
The others, like Maroon 5 and all the Top 40 these days can go straight to the garbage bin. ProTools kids- can't even play an instrument or read musical notation but their shit sells, because the record execs are so high on cocaine most of the time they'll even sell their mothers for the next fix

DzyQQR8XcAEib5B.gif

Sonikku

Before I take this argument to the next step, let's see, have any of you actually played (and been reasonably good at) any musical instrument?
If so, can you read music, do you know the basics of composition? Guess what, Justin Bieber doesn't (we all know he's just some kid that the girls went crazy for- and the coked-up record execs too apparently).

EADC

I don't know what Justin Bieber has to do with AC/DC being shit

EADC

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything....except everyone has their own taste in music.

If you like Post Malone then great for you. :ROFLMAO:

If you say so.

Anyway music is subjective and I have terrible taste in music

Nicholas

I didn't listen to contemporary music when I was at school, but "Thunderstruck" has grown on me.

Last edited:

Nicholas

Before I take this argument to the next step, let's see, have any of you actually played (and been reasonably good at) any musical instrument?
If so, can you read music, do you know the basics of composition? Guess what, Justin Bieber doesn't (we all know he's just some kid that the girls went crazy for- and the coked-up record execs too apparently).
I found myself engaging in piano lessons [I don't remember how this came about] in primary school. My efforts were abysmal. I was already out of my depth in my first Royal School of Music exam. My siblings were more successful. 🤪

Rudolph Hart

Annual increase time. Not sure what the average was but I got 4.9%. Better than a kick in the nuts. Also got a reduced bonus which is actually 99% of my monthly salary. Somehow that’s 72% of the target. I have no clue how they calculate these things, and just roll with it.

Just to clarify - I didn’t work hard for this, and almost certainly don’t deserve it (if the world was fair). But I’ll certainly accept it, and keep counting the number of paydays till I retire.