The Chat Room

Spizz

The dams are still low.

Covid and I are not friends, so we keep our distance. :D

I was down with it last week. Still feeling a bit tired, but from first symptoms on Friday, I was 90% better by the Thursday last week.

Spizz

Covid tested?

Yep. Twice, both positive. Pathcare.

I'm actually getting my dates mixed up, last few weeks have been a whirlwind. But I was in Finland for a couple of weeks, started feeling shit on the farewell night out on the Friday, spent all day Saturday in bed in hotel, flew back home on Sunday thinking it was just a cold, got home 2 weeks ago yesterday after 3 flights and no doubt infecting a few folks. Tested the next day, Tuesday (2 weeks ago) after Sinbad said he had it and I thought for the first time, hey maybe it's covid. Turns out it was.

biometrics

Yep. Twice, both positive. Pathcare.

I'm actually getting my dates mixed up, last few weeks have been a whirlwind. But I was in Finland for a couple of weeks, started feeling shit on the farewell night out on the Friday, spent all day Saturday in bed in hotel, flew back home on Sunday thinking it was just a cold, got home 2 weeks ago yesterday after 3 flights and no doubt infecting a few folks. Tested the next day, Tuesday (2 weeks ago) after Sinbad said he had it and I thought for the first time, hey maybe it's covid. Turns out it was.
Lol, double lol, good job spreading that shit. I’m quad vaxxed.

biometrics

I’ve had 3 jabs and god knows where I got it. I’ve no doubt I’ve passed it on a to a few folk though :oops:
I’m more concerned about the current “flu” about. I wear a mask when I go to the doc or get in the script line at the pharmacy (though I did not last time).

Arzy

Never went for the booster Vaxxes, got the two Pfizer jabs just for travel purposes.

Wife and kids had it and even though I had every symptom I kept testing negative.

Spizz

Never went for the booster Vaxxes, got the two Pfizer jabs just for travel purposes.

Wife and kids had it and even though I had every symptom I kept testing negative.

Same with my daughter. Her boyfriend had it pretty bad, she had the same symptoms but she kept testing negative.

Arzy

Over it though. Missed my grans funeral because everyone in my house had it and I was being considerate.

Still feel the powers that be should just have let the thing run through the global population and have been done with it instead of all the lockdowns etc.

biometrics

Over it though. Missed my grans funeral because everyone in my house had it and I was being considerate.

Still feel the powers that be should just have let the thing run through the global population and have been done with it instead of all the lockdowns etc.
Mixed feelings about how it was handled but the extreme was too much and once you could get vaxxed they should have dropped the restrictions. But hindsight…

Arzy

Mixed feelings about how it was handled but the extreme was too much and once you could get vaxxed they should have dropped the restrictions. But hindsight…
Overall it was a mess and the biggest problem is that should something like this happen again with a worse disease I think there will be a lot more pushback in terms of adherence to whatever any government suggests.

Nicholas

The TV set I bought at least 10 years ago using staff loyalty reward money may have packed up. It isn't switching on any more, and yes, I did plug it in. I even tried a different socket.

Console will be sharing my PC monitor now.

Johnatan56

The TV set I bought at least 10 years ago using staff loyalty reward money may have packed up. It isn't switching on any more, and yes, I did plug it in. I even tried a different socket.

Console will be sharing my PC monitor now.
Are you close to Nelson Mandela Bay Uni? If I remember correctly, they repair electronics there pretty cheaply and do a good job.

satanboy

The two sides of being a trustee:
  • You have all the inside information
  • You have to deal with the tenants/owners (sometimes huge douches)
Is it worth it? No.

Nicholas

Are you close to Nelson Mandela Bay Uni? If I remember correctly, they repair electronics there pretty cheaply and do a good job.
Hi.

No, I live around 300km away, in East London.

/kicks himself - why is it that I don't think of having things repaired - duh!