The Chat Room

Nicholas

I found out today that my sister has tested positive for CoViD-19. I was hoping that The February Babies would make it through unscathed.
[My sister was born on the 8th of February while I was born on the 13th.]

Jings

I started Sacred, but came nowhere close to finishing. Other than work, I rarely finish what I start. I haven't tried the expansion.
I don't always feel bad about leaving things unfinished. I'm so used to this that I expect that I shall not finish what I start, and sometimes not get very far at all. [Write two sentences, then...nothing]

Games I have finished:
Velnor's Lair
Message from Andromeda
Quest for Glory
Wing Commander 4
Tachyon: The Fringe
Titan's Quest
Mass Effect 3
Ratchet and Clank: A crack in Time
Heavenly Sword
Nox
Penny Black
Heroes Rise: The Prodigy
Missed messages
Mechwarrior 2

That's more than I thought.
Wow that's a whole lot more games than I've played in total. Don't ever bother playing The Sims. Guaranteed you'll never finish.

Nicholas

Wow that's a whole lot more games than I've played in total. Don't ever bother playing The Sims. Guaranteed you'll never finish.
There are more that I have started but not finished. In some cases, I don't finish because the game presents a challenge I can't overcome, such as in Saints Row 4, where my character is expected to run a course collecting tokens within seconds. Other than than, I was enjoying the game. Another reason I don't finish is that I am easily distracted.

I finished a Choice of Games title from STEAM called Mecha Ace last night.

Jings

There are more that I have started but not finished. In some cases, I don't finish because the game presents a challenge I can't overcome, such as in Saints Row 4, where my character is expected to run a course collecting tokens within seconds. Other than than, I was enjoying the game. Another reason I don't finish is that I am easily distracted.

I finished a Choice of Games title from STEAM called Mecha Ace last night.

Have you tried walkthroughs for the difficult parts in a game? That's how I completed Prince of Persia and Myst. I only played Myst and Riven for the picturesque scenes and "rollercoaster rides". No patience for puzzles.

Nicholas

Have you tried walkthroughs for the difficult parts in a game? That's how I completed Prince of Persia and Myst. I only played Myst and Riven for the picturesque scenes and "rollercoaster rides". No patience for puzzles.
In the case of Saint's Row 4 it isn't a case of not knowing what to do, but not having the skill to perform what to me seems like a silly task.

Last edited:

Nicholas

Good point. Killing off all the characters would mean the game is finished.
Until the sequel. The killer may survive. I don't necessarily go in for killing as much as to make my neighbours miserable.
One of the things I have done is to be the gorgeous young student calling husbands very late or very early. I have a darkness within me.

satanboy

In the case of Saint Row 4 it isn't a case of not knowing what to do, but not having the skill to perform what to me seems like a silly task.
I played Bloodborne for 2 hours and got slaughtered by either the 1st or 2nd enemy each time. I uninstalled the game.
This was last week.
This week I discovered that you are not supposed to beat the 1st enemy....so I am installing it again. 🙈🙈

Nicholas

I played Bloodborne for 2 hours and got slaughtered by either the 1st or 2nd enemy each time. I uninstalled the game.
This was last week.
This week I discovered that you are not supposed to beat the 1st enemy....so I am installing it again. 🙈🙈
Does the first enemy toy with you rather than kill you, then, or is your character resurrected?

The size of games and their updates can be enough to dissuade me from getting even highly rated titles these days.

satanboy

Does the first enemy toy with you rather than kill you, then, or is your character resurrected?

The size of games and their updates can be enough to dissuade me from getting even highly rated titles these days.
He killed me 30% of the time, you can outrun him and hide at times....but the next character got me every time.

Bloodborne is supposed to be difficult....I just didn't realise how difficult it would be.

dabean

I stopped smoking (again) on Friday.

It turns out that Civilization 6 is more addictive to me than nicotine. Hardly any withdrawal at all.

I nearly fell asleep between turns more than once.

Nicholas

He killed me 30% of the time, you can outrun him and hide at times....but the next character got me every time.

Bloodborne is supposed to be difficult....I just didn't realise how difficult it would be.
This game would drive me up the wall. How much of the game do you spend running away?

satanboy

This game would drive me up the wall. How much of the game do you spend running away?
All running and rolling

remain still and you are dead

oh yes....you hit the opponent 20 times and almost no damage...they hit you 2-3 times and death