The Chat Room

BloodrayneZA

Ever considered coming back to SA?
No, I have applied for my ILR (settlement), it'll be up to the end of October before they make a decision for me to settle here, then I will have 12 months to make arrangements for the application for my British passport and ceremony for it after that.

My problem is that I can't get a job in the field I want, even after having my qualifications and so on, you would say most companies are discriminating people with disabilities - it's not just SA but it's everywhere in the world. UK is supposed to be protecting people with the equality act but a lot of the companies are getting away with it using minor details such as not enough work experience, or something stupid.

I am not surprised that a lot of disabled people are living on disability income because of this. There is a guy in my town, he's 22, British national and has learning disabilities - he has been looking for work for over a year now, no one wants to employ him and he's been applying for so many different jobs.

It pisses me off that people with disabilities are not being given a chance to get some sort of full-time work. I do not want to be stuck in cleaning or some menial manual unskilled jobs when I can do better than that.

Rouxenator

I am using Zoom fibre via Home-Connect and it is 50Mbs for R828
Dang! We have Trusc 100/50 at R399. It was the launch promo price you got if you signed up for 24 months. Usual price is R499 - still not bad compared to the rest. At home in Stellenbosch I pay just under R900 for 80/80 Afrihost over Frogfoot.

Trusc seems to be extending their network, did a ride yesterday to your neck of the woods, up Koppiesveld, and there was a few Trusc vehicles at sites and on the road.

IMG_20240608_132653_cr.jpg

SauRoN

I had a wifi extender years ago and it didn't work well. The mesh products work very well. I guess it’s just a modern version of an extender really.

Not at all.

Entirely different product, entirely different protocols.

Works in an entirely different way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nicholas

Did the birthday shopping for my mother on Saturday morning. She'll be turning 79 on the 24th if she makes it.
I splurged-spent around R100 more than my usual limit. :)