The Chat Room

Rudolph Hart

I’m looking for a speaker phone for conference calls. We’re shifting to blended meetings - those in the building meet in the conference room and the remote guys connect via Teams. We’ve got a medium sized meeting room (about 6x8m). Most of the stuff I find online is aimed at a single user, and stuff aimed at the pro market aren’t going to get past the bean counters.

Does anyone have personal experience of a a speakerphone that has good audio, and doesn’t cost the earth?

I am tempted to recommend a Dell MH3021p, not really designed to a confeeence room but can be used to connect power and video, and if it doesn’t work out well for the conference room, someone will be able to use it as a docking station with enhanced audio.

biometrics

It just doesn't feel authentic unless the chair you are sitting on is also sticking to your clothes.

I mean, call me a purist, but I expect Portuguese restaurants to be pretty much covered in oil.

(And I have been to Portugal!)
The one in town is a treat. Incredibly noisy and packed with old regulars.

DA-LION-619

I’m looking for a speaker phone for conference calls. We’re shifting to blended meetings - those in the building meet in the conference room and the remote guys connect via Teams. We’ve got a medium sized meeting room (about 6x8m). Most of the stuff I find online is aimed at a single user, and stuff aimed at the pro market aren’t going to get past the bean counters.

Does anyone have personal experience of a a speakerphone that has good audio, and doesn’t cost the earth?

I am tempted to recommend a Dell MH3021p, not really designed to a confeeence room but can be used to connect power and video, and if it doesn’t work out well for the conference room, someone will be able to use it as a docking station with enhanced audio.
Used a Jabra before based on the recommendations of the WebEx crowd.

biometrics

At the Melkbos dive-bar & restaurant, Lapa. @scudsucker will like the bar, old style small & narrow bar with old locals sitting there smoking all day.

scudsucker

is it bad to laugh at your own jokes? I have a very small blog about being a single parent and this line from about September caught my eye again:

It is in Milnerton, the suburb God forgot to upgrade. I mean, there is still a Mike’s Kitchen just down the road

Fuck me that amuses me. I was lightly drunk when I wrote it, of course.

FWIW - it is a decent restaurant to take kids to. Its just so 1980s. First time I got asked for ID was at a Mike's kitchen. I had an ID but this was Zim, and they lost my photo but still issued the ID. So I had proof of identity in some way, but no way to prove that the identity was actually me. Mike's Kitchen let me buy a beer. Somewhere in my box of random things, that non-ID is there. I used that ID for ages, I just explained to the bouncers and they always just let me in, knowing that you cannot fight the system. It is as dysfunctional as it is.

My sister had a similar problem, on her because the camera was set up for the majority of people who happen to have dark skin, her photo was so over exposed you could see nothing but eyebrows, the irises of her eyes and some hair. Still got issued.

Last edited:

scudsucker

Ladies and gents, if you have not yet heard an 11 member brass band producing techno music on nothing but traditional instruments, you have not properly raved.

https://soundcloud.com/meutesound
Their videos on youtube and elsewhere show how they do not use any electronics aside from mics.

Last edited:

biometrics

We just had two tasteless pizzas at Col’cacchio. What happened to them, they used to be good iirc? Will never be back, yuck.

scudsucker

We just had two tasteless pizzas at Col’cacchio. What happened to them, they used to be good iirc? Will never be back, yuck.
Col’cacchio used to be a favourite but they grew more expensive way faster than their rivals. There are two pizza places I would recommend -

Vesuvio in the godforsaken wilderness that is the Tygerburg Waterfront, and
Ferdinandos in Observatory is excellent

satanboy

Col’cacchio used to be a favourite but they grew more expensive way faster than their rivals. There are two pizza places I would recommend -

Vesuvio in the godforsaken wilderness that is the Tygerburg Waterfront, and
Ferdinandos in Observatory is excellent
Mixed reviews on Vesuvio...(I went to an Italian restaurant in that exact spot about 4-5 years ago and the pizza was kak)

Fernanddos sounds very interesting.

Last edited: